Just sold my business for $250k

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by Rob Johnson, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Bob111

Bob111

---------Be warned, to learn trading need very long time, at least 4 years of many many hours & it is a lot of studing work - its like going back to university to make a bachelor in trading.----------

4 or more and you should add-all without any guarantee of success..and very likely with big losses

#11     Apr 2, 2012
  2. Sounds good thanks for the advice

#12     Apr 2, 2012
  3. I belief, that if someone really wants to learn it correct, he/she can make it.

Doesnt matter how many years it needs for it.

But if he/she does work very hard on it, means, every week, every day, analyze the markets and build on strategies and statistics - then.......the statistics will let him/her see the light, step by step, clearer and clearer, until it really becomes easy.

So, if the candidate does this and nothing else, he/she "must" become a pro trader and make constant money with it.

And to add: there are no real losses if, he/she only trades with papermoney until he/she reached that point.

But in reality, greed will win and force him/her to trade with real money and then losing must happen.

Because the lesson of how to control greed and fear, is a very difficult part of it.

But theoretically, if someone really have strong selfdiscipline, there are zero losses.

#13     Apr 2, 2012
  4. LOL

its the stupid old belief of the masses, that only if you have a lot of money, you can trade in the markets and buy some stocks or bonds or whatever........and they lose....because they are idiots....and mostly their local bank told them which stocks are a good investment.....

LOL

But in reality, the best is if you have no money and take the money out of the markets. From a risk/reward overall perspective.

Also for learning it, it is the best, especially nowadays in the high leverage and small deposit online trading age.

LOL

But most people think, when they have saved a lot of money, then they throw into stocks and make a fortune on it.
    And they are wondering why the stock does not go up forever.
    This is the best example how stupid people are, they know nothing about the materia and throw all their money in it on full risk of losing it all.
    While they strongly belief that someone who wants to make much money in the markets, with starting with very less, must fail.

You see the contradiction. Its the law of the sheeps.

#14     Apr 2, 2012
  5. mm19

mm19

how do you explain that fund managers turn hedge funds get wiped out after couple of decades of experience, way more than 4 years ?? And lots of them die by banging their head into the wall hoping they will seee the light. 4 years seem a bit too optimistic for permanent success.

Stay out. Even after decades, your foundations may be faulty and there is no help to you.

#15     Apr 2, 2012
  6. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's property [nor his margin trading account thru online trading]"...

#16     Apr 2, 2012
  7. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Trading is like any other business. If you have no experience, no expertise, how can you expect to be successful? You need a business plan for trading just like any other business.

What type of business did you just sell?

#17     Apr 2, 2012
  8. Bob111

Bob111

#18     Apr 2, 2012
  9. Yea, it's kinda funny... Statistically the smaller your account size the higher odds you have because your trades don't move the market.

I learned that quite fast in penny stocks... I sold 150k worth of ARDM at market or something once and then looked back at the chart a little while later and was like... Woah, what the heck caused that slide? A little later I realized that my order had spiked the thing downward hard and caused everyone to go into a panic for a while.

One of the most important things I ever learned about how the market works. The big boys can't move without careful accumulation/distribution while the smaller players can jump around and be nimble as cats...

#19     Apr 2, 2012
  10. danielc1

danielc1

I can teach you how to trade on $5000 for a living for $245000 dollars.
    Not that I need the 245000$, I just want to be sure you are commited to learn how to do this... :D

#20     Apr 3, 2012