Just shorted the ES at 865 several contracts...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Port1385, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Actually, yes it does. Before I got to this thread (which would have been sent into the bowels of chit chat forever - and still will be soon) I deleted 4 other threads of equally worthless value.

But instead of just making the comment that it should have been moved or deleted, you saw fit to attack people that have never attacked you (and then whined when you got some back), and perform a thankless job day in and out.

You may be a professional trader, I won't say you're not. But you're a professional asshole as well, and that's just unnecessary.

#11     Jan 19, 2009
  2. opt789

opt789

Ivanovich,
    Have you ever been on a site that has moderators that try?
    Where they delete posts and threads that any average user would do?
    Where they ban user names that have proven themselves worthy of banning?
    Where they don’t let one IP have a huge number of user names?
    An internet chat board is always going to be highly suspect at best, but good moderators do exist. You guys can change anytime you want, please consider doing so.
    Edit: Having worked with thousands of professional traders over two decades, I will agree with you that we are almost all jerks, it comes with the job, but acting like jerks when annoyed does not necessarily make us a—holes.

#12     Jan 19, 2009
  3. Sir,

I am on this site 7 days a week - almost always in the "trading" forum (the forex forums that I also work behave very well, and I'm a forex trader). I remove...oh I don't know, maybe 10 threads a day from the trading forum? All you have to do is read the Feedback section to see the flak I get for it.

As for banning, I'd LOVE to ban a few folks. But I simply have not been given the power to do so. All I can do is move/delete threads and kick it up to the next level.

I'm just a worker-bee.

#13     Jan 19, 2009
  4. opt789

opt789

So who do we have to smack around so you can?
    My frustration was not so much this particular thread but the fact that Port1385, who admits to making up fake threads, still has not been blocked from the site.

#14     Jan 19, 2009
  5. I am in complete agreement with you on Port.

My moderator rights are given and taken through Joe and Baron's graces.

#15     Jan 19, 2009
  6. Target reached.

#16     Jan 19, 2009