Just my opinion on "intellectual property"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jdwould, Mar 31, 2004.

1. jdwould

jdwould

The thread on ebooks was closed and I just wanted to say this:

I have a question for the authors that complained about their books being listed in the thread. Where did you get the ideas and words that you used in these books. You got the ideas from a vacuum. As the wiseman said, "there is nothing new under the sun." A man may legally dam a river using his time, brains and money, but what about those downstream?

The Grateful Dead were terrible businessmen and encouraged their fans to "pirate" their artistic property freely. They were the largest grossing band in history. Have public libraries hurt the sale of books. Really.

I believe that people should be rewarded for their efforts. But I also believe that even dogs get to eat the crumbs that fall from the table.

VVUS finally was UP today. Look out PFE.

jd

2. Prefacing this part of the quote, Solomon said, "History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before." The verse is found in the Book of Ecclesiastes 1:9. The entire book is about a man who, in our terms, "had everything", but found it all meaningless apart from God.

Though, my point is.... if ever there were an observation that is the basis of technical analysis and one worth remembering, it is the aforementioned one by Solomon.

3. jdwould

jdwould

Thanks for the response. I just think that sharing is a good thing. Greed is counter productive in the long run. Anyway, I joined this board to learn about trading, so back to the resources for successful trading.

How about some book reviews with details. Or a stock tip with the WHOLE story of why it is a good stock, not just the dazzle em with my trading brilliance but make a newbie like myself understand. And where you found the information.

jd

4. I didn't know that trading books were artistic books ... or it's about scam artists books :D

5. On a related note, in the world of mp3's:

A recent study shows no relationship between filesharing and cd sales (this of course does not make it right, but shows that the music industry's strategy of suing its customers might be off the mark if the goal of that strategy is to increase sales.)

http://news.com.com/2100-1027-5181562.html

DS

6. jdwould

jdwould

Scam artist books is another thing.

The internet to me has always been associated with the free expression of ideas about everything. Now it seems as if everyone is only out for blood. I think that everything on the net should be free. But that's just me. I think that I can learn to make money in the stock market, too. So....

jd