just how dumb is mitt romney?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Mitt Romney: why don't aeroplane windows open?

Mitt Romney, the Republican candidate for president of the US, has compounded his reputation for verbal gaffes by questioning why jet airliners do not have windows that open.
    During a $6 million (£3.7 million) fundraising event in California, Mr Romney brought up an incident at the weekend when his wife's aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing.

He mused that she would have coped better if she was able to breathe outside air during the fire.

"I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were," Mr Romney said, according to the LA Times. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly, there's no – and you can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she's safe and sound."

The plane suffered an electrical failure and was forced to make an emergency landing.

Experts pointed out that opening a window would provide oxygen to fuel the fire and a loss of cabin pressure that could rip the fusilage apart.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...t-Romney-why-dont-aeroplane-windows-open.html

2. He is getting into Palinland, isn't he?:D

3. Haha. . . . you can't make this up.:D.

I told luke to lend Mrs Romney his plane.:(.

4. Luke has no plane, he has owners, just like any other cabbie.

5. Max E.

Max E.

Just for curiosity sake..... how many of the hospitals you work at do you own?

You must be getting up there with that new trading system you developed.....

6. He said he was building a plane.

you mean he's a pathological liar?

7. :D

8. another example of the scientific knowledge of mitt romney. he actually believes cold fusion has observed.
    no wonder he cant grasp the fact that mormanism was invented by a con man:

"I do believe in basic science. I believe in participating in space. I believe in analysis of new sources of energy. I believe in laboratories, looking at ways to conduct electricity with — with cold fusion, if we can come up with it. It was the University of Utah that solved that. We somehow can’t figure out how to duplicate it."

Cold fusion was a purported breakthrough decades ago where hydrogen nuclei were brought close enough together to lock via the strong force, i.e., fusion, without the 10 million degrees and gigapascals of pressure it takes inside a star or, briefly, when a kilo of hydrogen is sandwiched for an instant between several coordinated A-bombs.

Cold fusion was debunked 22 years ago, and Romney’s comment is not all that far off: it was reported but could not be replicated. Taken alone, that kind of comment wouldn’t worry me all that much coming from a non science politico. But it’s not alone by a long shot. tthe scientific illiteracy of these clowns has reached epic proportions.
    http://freethoughtblogs.com/zingularity/2012/09/25/mittens-thinks-cold-fusion-is-solved/

#10     Sep 25, 2012