Just heard this on Rush.......This will damage the Pubs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Good observation, I agree. The left and their class obsession... It's long been the underpinning of the marxist narrative. I'm almost starting to suspect they are prepping for the mainstream leftist narrative now that the race baiting has pretty much lost all credibility.

#51     Sep 17, 2010
  2. The trend in the distribution of income over the last 30 years shows that the rich have already taken from the poor and the middle class. Unfortunately for them, they've taken about as much as they can. Unions are already gone for all practical purposes in the private sector; the 8 hour workday is a memory; benefits in the private sector are down to skeletal.
    That's class war, and the victory so far has all been one way.
    This was accomplished by a gradually increasing arbitrage of global labor built on the huge surplus of labor resulting from the massive move of China's rural population to the cities, but now that China is pretty much fully integrated into the global economy, that arbitrage is over for now. In China, private companies are beginning to feel pressure to ratchet up wages. This marks the beginning of the end of the global arbitrage game.
    As I said, enjoy the next couple of years. After this, the right is over.
    phenomena is correct that it is a question of class instead of race. It's what the 2008 election was all about, so that's already happened.
    The rest of his post is the usual inflammatory nonsense, as is your bloviation on class war (it's only class war when the unwashed masses want some more, for some reason; when the plutocrats crush unions and cut their own taxes, it's what? good public policy?), but on that he's right.

#52     Sep 17, 2010
  3. yah!! power to the people commrade!!! preach it!!

[​IMG]

#53     Sep 17, 2010
  4. Hello

Hello

This is one of the stupider things i have read on ET. How on earth do the rich take from the poor, unless it is the rich people in government?

Keeping more of what you earn is stealing in your book or what? Atleast everyone who plays in the private sector does so by choice, you dont like what your earning? Go somewhere else, or get a degree, or switch careers. You dont like the way someone runs a company? Dont buy their products. Every one in the private sector is a willing participant, so the rich in the private sector cant steal anything from the poor. Last time i checked it is impossible to create money out of thin air, so it is infact the rich in the private sector who provide the poor with everything they have, by providing them with jobs.

Government on the other hand, is forced on people who were never willing participants to begin with, you dont comply with them, and you end up in jail.

#54     Sep 17, 2010
  5. +1

#55     Sep 17, 2010
  6. The government's elected.
    Also, I work for who I feel like. I wasn't speaking for myself.
    Most folks don't have the choices I have. I'm not stupid enough to think society can exist with just smart people. I'm also not stupid enough to think it can exist with the not-so-smart being ground down and miserable all the time.
    That's Mexico. I don't want to live in Mexico.

#56     Sep 17, 2010

7. Spoken like the true unenlightened thug that you aspire to be.
    This is the sort of oversimplification that stands in for boots on the ground truth of how office or factory politics operates. If it weren't we wouldn't need unions at all ...punk.

#57     Sep 17, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

The Ant and the Grasshopper

An Aesop Fable retold by Rose Owens

One summer day a grasshopper was singing and chirping and hopping about. He was having a wonderful time. He saw an ant who was busy gathering and storing grain for the winter.

“Stop and talk to me,” said the grasshopper. “We can sing some songs and dance a while.”

“Oh no,” said the ant. “Winter is coming. I am storing up food for the winter. I think you should do the same.”

“Oh, I can’t be bothered,” said the grasshopper. “Winter is a long time off. There is plenty of food.” So the grasshopper continued to dance and sing and chip and the ant continued to work.

When winter came the grasshopper had no food and was starving. He went to the ant’s house and asked, “Can I have some wheat or maybe a few kernels of corn. Without it I will starve,” whined the grasshopper.

“You danced last summer,” said the ants in disgust. “You can continue to dance.” And they gave him no food.

#58     Sep 17, 2010

9. I see you are clearly on the left:D

I also doubt that you have run anything in your life.

I do not believe in entitlements other than sanitary working conditions and access to higher education.

All this other stuff is the result of sloth. This kind of sloth is what ultimately kills off the golden goose that gives everybody a paycheck. Hows that workin out in the rust belt?

If you are unskilled labor and anyone can do your job, then minimum wage and job insecurity is your destiny. One that you chose, because you partied while I studied. If you are mildly educated and became complacent in your industry, again that is a result of sloth. Business trends are very slow in development, and one should keep an eye on them at all times. If you did not, not my problem.

Ross Perot warned about NAFTA in 1992. Did you look into it?If not, why not?

Businesses are started not to provide a welfare state for workers, they are started to make a profit, and for no other reason.

#59     Sep 17, 2010
  10. What about Switzerland, or Hong Kong, or Singapore, or Monaco?

Remember, they don't have police in Hong Kong keeping people out of mainland China. They DO have police in China keeping people out of Hong Kong. There's noone trying to sneak IN to North Korea, plenty trying to sneak out. Ever wonder why?

#60     Sep 17, 2010