Just heard this on Rush.......This will damage the Pubs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i think most of us wish you lived further away.

#11     Sep 16, 2010
  2. Republicans are smart enough to eat up this opportunity of
    "the people want" citing it at every opportunity. But as the civil rights movement showed the majority can be an ass. Seemed to me that O'Reilly was less than impressed by Angle in his interview.
    If you go by what a majority wants you get the current television listings, half of which you personally could do without but somehow you get home shopping and televangelists in disproportion to a better sense.

#12     Sep 16, 2010
  3. Mnphats

Mnphats

You live in an entirely different country.

#13     Sep 16, 2010
  4. If America catches a cold, Canada catches pneumonia. That is why TDog has to keep an interest in us.

He should just say that and get it out of the way.

#14     Sep 16, 2010
  5. I've attended a couple of Tea Party meetings and the basic theme is that neither Republicans nor Democrats can be trusted with taxpayers' money. That is the primary source of discontent. Surprisingly (to me), there were a lot of Democrats at the meetings I attended, people who are fed up with massive deficits and a national debt that's going to bankrupt our country for generations to come.

I would agree that many of the Tea Party candidates are weak, but supporting Tea Party candidates is the only way to get politicians' attention these days. The alternative is to submissively go to the polls and continue voting for the same irresponsible Democrats and Republicans. The message has to be sent somehow, and the Tea Party is the only available messenger.

#15     Sep 16, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

I agree that Paladino and O'Donnell are wackos, infact Paladino is probably one of the biggest pieces of crap to ever hit U.S. politics, he tried to justify mass emailing out out photos of beastiality/racism, what more can you say then that. O'Donnell is just basically crazy.

I disagree in terms of the tea party being a party of empty catch phrases, they have sent a message which needed to be sent, career politicians, and big spenders must go. Whether or not we take the house and senate really doesnt even matter if you think about it.

People are making this out as some gigantic election, but lets think about whats actually going to happen, lets say republicans somehow manage to squeak out both the house and senate. You really think they will be able to create any of the change they want? Not a chance, dems will pull the same shit repubs did and filibuster anything which comes there way, and Obama will not sign anything which hits his desk which runs against his agenda, he is not going to all of a sudden say "lets try cutting taxes and slashing government" after repubs have fillibustered most of his attempts at expanding government so far. Plus he sure as hell is not going to sign off on repealing Obamacare. :D

So what happens if Dems keep control of both the house and senate? Well Republicans will now filibuster everything which entails bigger government and more spending for the next 2 years.

Either way the government ends in gridlock, till 2012, too many people seem to be missing this point.

The biggest thing the tea party has done is eliminate career politicians and big spending republicans, so we may not take a few of the seats we could have won and we may not end up taking back both the house and senate, but we will send a message. The government will be gridlocked for the next 2 years eitherway, so this election is not nearly the big deal it has been hyped up to be.

If anything republicans are better off falling 1 seat short in both races so that the dems have absolutely no one they can blame but themselves, for an economy i dont see going anywhere before 2012, when all three positions will be in play.

The only real significance in this election will be the tea party getting rid of some of the bigger piece of shit career politicians who have somehow held on to their jobs for decades.

#16     Sep 16, 2010
  7. And what about Angle and Rick Scott, some of the things the have said and done is downright reprehensible.

#17     Sep 16, 2010
  8. piezoe

piezoe

That is an appealing scenario. We vote tea party to send a message, knowing we can't win the election, but also knowing that neither the Democrats nor the the Republicans represent well the majority of Americans, and also knowing that it doesn't really matter whether a Democrat or Republican wins. It is more important to send a clear message. I like that.

But of course, There is always the danger that one of these Tea Party idiots would actually get elected. And frankly that scares the hell out of me!

I don't think I can take that chance.

One thing to consider is all the under twenty-five voters that registered for the Obama election. They are still registered! In the past not many of them registered so they were precluded from voting. Now the barrier to voting is not there, and they might surprise a lot of folks by showing up in November. These younger folks, by and large, don't like war and they don't like spending all our resources on war; they don't think the color of your skin should matter; they don't think the State should dictate whom they should fall in love with, or that you should go to jail for smoking a joint. They are mainly pro-choice. They don't know anyone who has smoked marijuana and then gotten in a car, driven like crazy, and killed people. The "Christian" right scares them. They are a little more likely to vote Democrat than Republican, but are suspicious of both Parties..

The outcome of this November's election may not be in the bag for the Republican establishment afterall. Especially if the the Tea Party folks decide to send a message, as it is clear that Tea Party votes come mostly out of the Republican base.

The best thing that Tea Party candidates could do is to distance themselves from the right wing kooks and religious fundamentalists and embrace the nations youth instead. Stick with their smaller, less intrusive government message, and champion constitutional rights. They won't win that way either, but then they would have a chance of eventually drawing votes from both parties. Then, and only then, could they eventually become a successful political force. As long as they draw votes mainly from one party or the other they will only assure the other party's victory.

The Tea Party is an asset to the Democrats. I would think that Democrat political strategists may be contributing, under the table of course, to certain Tea Party candidates they see as unelectable. The danger, of course, being that they miscalculate, and one of these loonatics actually gets elected! The few that are sane, and get nominated, have some chance of being elected. Let us fervently hope the others do not.

#18     Sep 16, 2010
  9. Hello

Hello

Most of the things you say are "downright reprehensible" whats your point?

You think i couldnt find just as many examples in the dem party? If you ever start being honest, and pointing the finger at the morons within your own party as well you might be worth debating.

#19     Sep 16, 2010
  10. More teabagging logic, everyone should be held to the same standard as someone running for office.

And werent these teabaggers supposed to be holier than thou, second coming of the compassionate responsible Conservative, why are they suddenly held to the same level as those lowly 'vote out in November' Dems? :confused:

#20     Sep 16, 2010