Just heard this on Rush.......This will damage the Pubs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Sep 16, 2010.

1. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ap_dug7xe8Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ap_dug7xe8Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. The GOP will go after the Tea Party now will both feet. The GOP will also aggresively go after the Conservative wing of the Party. This might drive the conservatives wholly over to the Tea Party, which will split the vote, especially if the Tea Party does not like Mitt Romney, who will be the GOP nominee.

Say what you like about the Dems, one thing they do and do well is circle the wagons.

3. I don't see it as a problem at all. Parties exist to represent voters. For a long time the republican establishment has seemed to think voters exist to support them. Voters are saying they would rather take a chance on electing a conservative in a year when outsiders are doing well than settle for a career politician like Castle, who is a more liberal version of Arlen Spector.

It's interesting that these liberal and country club republicans attack their own party members far more aggressivley than they do the democrats. Castle has a lot of nerve complaining about the campaign, since he ran a smear campaing based on lies and half truths. Even after the election, the Delaware republican party's website had articles attacking O'Donnell.

They couldn't bring themselves to attack Obama as an untested radical activist with a long history of shady associations, but they have no such problems going after the woman who was their candidate against Biden in '08.

The fact is, none of this is new. It goes back to the 1950's and even longer. Then it was the Eastern Establishment republicans, led by the Lodges and Bushes, against the western conservatives, led by Barry Goldwater. The country club republicans despised Ronald Reagan and were certain he was unelectable. Their candidate was Gerald Ford, then George H. W. Bush.

4. It will be interesting to be sure, the GOP sure extremely angry about it all.

They sent their version of James Carville after her immediately after she won. I mean acted like O'Donnell was an ex-wife or something:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEfH-maWAKI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEfH-maWAKI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

how is it going to split the vote?

one democrat, one republican. unless a third party candidate runs at the same time, this doesn't split the vote. you think the republicans that voted for castle are going to vote democrat now just because this chic won?

given the choice between her and the democrats, they're going to vote her. i would. if my candidate didnt win the primary i wouldnt just go "ok i'm voting to the opposite of what i believe in just to protest"

what kind of sorry ass shit is that

6. The Tea Party is saying they would rather lose an election with a candidate that supports their views rather than win with one that doesn't. I tend to agree with that view. If it blows up in their face and the Dems actually hold ground come Novemeber, to hell with it. Let the left keep running the place into the ground, and at some point even the dullest person will get the picture.

7. Might be strange, but conservatives have done it before. Several of them called Rush in the aftermath and said they sat it out. They would not vote for McCain, "let the Libs have the place", its what the GOP deserves. They have done it before and they will do it again.

I could not believe my ears either, but he took call after call that day. If the conservatives invade the Tea Party which they have the means and method to do if they choose, they will either field their own candidate, or they will sit, if they don't like Romney, whom I would say is the GOP Hillary for 2012. The primaries SHOULD be a formality.

8. Seems like republicans have gotten themselves into a foothold trap from their association with teaparty candidates and the foot they're going to chew off and leave behind is Carl Rove.

9. The Tea Party is an empty party of catch phrases, as evidenced by the people running for it. This O'Donnell woman is Palin Lite. And Palin is an empty head running an audio loop! And what about that other kook, Paladino? And on and on. If I lived farther away I'd almost wish you guys got what you hope for, much as an unruly kid needs to be allowed to touch a hot stove to finally learn for himself why he shouldn't keep trying to do so.

If these Tea Party candidates are indeed the cartoonish morons they clearly appear to be, then what does that say about the people who vote for them?

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i think its all talk. no republican/conservative in their right mind would sit out the possibility to block obama's agenda going forward.

#10     Sep 16, 2010