Just heard about a supposed alliance on MSNBC. Ron Paul new Fed Chairman?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 2, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

MSNBC was just saying that there is supposedly an alliance between Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. Even though i know this is probably false it got me to thinking about something.

What if Romney was to promise to give Ron Paul, Bernankes job? I know this is a crazy thought, but wouldnt this satisfy all parties, and set Obama up for a massacre?

All of us who are fans of Ron Paul would love to see him end up as chairman of the fed, and that is a position where Ron Paul could actually make a HUGE DIFFERENCE in terms of what he is fighting for, and what us libertarians want to get done.

What am i missing here? Why wouldnt Romney do this? Would Ron Paul be opposed to this?

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'd go get an "I love Mittens" tattoo.

3. Ricter

Ricter

Be like putting I. M. Vegan in charge of the USFDA.

4. Max E.

Max E.

Im in for the tatoo!!

If Mitt Romney was to pick Chris Christie as his Vice president, and Ron Paul as the fed chairman, then the last thing libertarians/conservatives would need to do is figure out a way to push Mitt Romney out of the mix and let the other two stay. :D

5. pspr

pspr

Ron Paul wouldn't accept the position. It would slap too much as a sell-out since he can't abolish the FED by being chairman.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Of course he would accept it. He, like his followers, know that the Fed Chairman has more power than the President.

7. Max E.

Max E.

I agree..... there isnt a chance in hell that Ron Paul would turn down that job.

8. Epic

Epic

I've been thinking for some time now that Paul is Mitt's buddy. Paul has gone after just about everyone except Romney during debates. So I've been wondering for a while if Paul might be looking for a cabinet spot.

I don't see Mitt selecting Paul for Fed chairman. I think that Mitt believes the Fed to be absolutely necessary. But I wouldn't rule out some kind of budget committee spot.

9. pspr

pspr

I think it would just go way beyond his principals.

Call him up and ask him. He's just a lowly Congressman from Texas, he'll take your call. (no disrespect intended) :D

10. Epic

Epic

You gotta admit, you'd be begging for cameras in the room during that first policy meeting where the other bank governors argued their case and then got torn to pieces.

#10     Feb 2, 2012