Just got off the phone with a guy that does a lot of construction type stuff...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Saltynuts, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

lol ok. I guess high demand on low supply doesn't cause price surge in this fantasy land of yours.

#11     Jun 9, 2021
    albion, TrailerParkTed and SunTrader like this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Why is the supply low?

#12     Jun 9, 2021

3. I know nothing about crypto. If any particular crypto had an intrinsic value, and very few or no more of that crypto could be issued, then I would say yes, almost certainly that would also be a good inflation hedge. I'm just not convinced any of them have any inherent value given that my understanding is that there is an unlimited amount of crypto that can be created, as good or better than what is out there. Bitcoin 2. Etherium IV. Dogecoin Doing Granny in the Fanny # 47.

#13     Jun 9, 2021
  4. destriero

destriero

Wow Captain, incredible insight.

#14     Jun 9, 2021
    Cuddles and TrailerParkTed like this.
  5. speedo

speedo

[​IMG]

#15     Jun 9, 2021

6. Try getting some you fat dipshit.

#16     Jun 9, 2021
  7. CharlesS

CharlesS

Per Raul Pal recently at Real Vision -- since 1960 there's a yield rise at the end of every recession, then yields, or at least the yield curve, starts a downtrend that continues for most of the recovery.

10yr.jpg

#17     Jun 9, 2021
    destriero likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Doesn't that spike in lumber prices and then subsequent drop look vaguely familiar?

It looks a lot like the Equity index drop and then rebound. Just inverted man. CPI numbers tomorrow morning will make many people cry, and others elated, through end of week. Don't get caught on the wrong side of it.

#18     Jun 9, 2021

9. Prices go up and down up and up and down, even in long term up markets. Inflation is here, more is coming, and the CPI numbers tomorrow, even if the feds work their "magic" to show there is none, ain't going to change that. Out of control spending and printing money at a 23%+ annual rate to accommodate that, will ensure it.

#19     Jun 9, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Tell that to the lumber and gold HODLers who bought at the recent price peaks.

#20     Jun 9, 2021