Just got back from NYC and...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Port1385, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Mav88

Mav88

I was out at Moe's last night, I noticed several people ordered Duff's special reserve. This recession is fake.

#11     Feb 8, 2009
  2. Never been. But given it's a "dive restaurant" (in your words), I guess I don't get your point. If you were at Babbo or Del Posto, it could be a valid anecdotal observation.

#12     Feb 8, 2009
  3. Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems.

Homer Simpson

#13     Feb 8, 2009
  4. dstod

dstod

This is exactly why we haven't bottomed yet.

#14     Feb 8, 2009
  5. or come close for that matter. Not necessarily the market but in the drastic changes in lifestyle that will come as a result of the recent turmoil. Many people are still living in a delusional state that things will work themselves out and we'll go right back to the way things were pre-crisis.

#15     Feb 8, 2009
  6. ess1096

ess1096

Here on Long Island I took my daughter to Build a Bear workshop.............it was jam packed!
    Went to TGI Friday's for dinner, arrived at 4:30 in the afternoon and had to wait for a table.
    I was wondering myself today.......what recession?:confused:

#16     Feb 8, 2009
  7. lrm21

lrm21

Most people are doing ok

The change will come not because people lived improperly again most people are not up to their eyeballs in debt

The change will come If/when there is a dollar crash and unfortunately for most their is little you can do to as a middle class person to avoid that misery

Since by the very nature of the act is to wipe out middle class

It's like hiding under your desk to shield against a nuclear bomb

#17     Feb 9, 2009
  8. sumosam

sumosam

Unfortunately, the worst is yet to come...most people are bullish right now. Many think this whole thing needed a year to sort itself out....the worst news is out....nowheres but to da moon!

I think its called a bear trap. Don't they attack from the top DOWN?

#18     Feb 9, 2009
  9. Damnit! They Lied!!! They Lied To Me!!!

#19     Feb 9, 2009
  10. zdreg

zdreg

the goal of governments all over the world is to turn the middle class into serfs. take it literally and if necessary look up a detailed meaning of what a serf is.

your attitude needs to change. there is alot u can do. you need to find a way to make yourself self- sufficient.

#20     Feb 9, 2009