Just for knowledge.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by VictorS, Dec 14, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

"Fatman, you shoot a great game of pool."

nitro - aka, Fast Eddie.

#11     Dec 15, 2002
  2. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

Can't help thinking: "Glad I found a way to trade my notebook for a bankbook!!"

Thanks for reminding of the "not so good" old days.
    Marielle

#12     Dec 15, 2002
  3. dottom

dottom

The counter-argument is that economic forces that drive an economy and interrelated reactions of investors don't just turn on a dime. The incoming administration inherits an economy. Everyone who votes on performance of economy last 4 years does not understand this. For two term presidents you can make an argument for the effect of economic policy on current economy, but that still has no correlation with the result of stock market vs. Republican/Democrat administration.

So perhaps the reason economy and stock market does so well with Republican administration is that the Republicans UNDO all the damage that was done by Democrats. A lot of Democrats will try to convince you what good Clinton was to the economy and how it's faltering with Bush, but remember Clinton set the ball in motion. Also, why don't you go back further and see what a miserable economy Reagan inherited and how he started the bull market. Perhaps Clinton UNDID all that despite 8 years of strong growth he set the current economy in motion that Bush inherited, not to mention the debt burden that Bush is trying to UNDO.

By the time Bush gets out of office I bet the stock market gets back on track and the incoming President will get all the credit.

#13     Dec 15, 2002