Just for beginners?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jdizzle, Sep 4, 2007.

1. jdizzle

jdizzle

I have been trading unsuccessfully on and off for 12 years for maybe a total amount (actual trading time) of 3 years. Most of my methodologies have been flawed in retrospect but not all (didn't even really have one when I traded with Block back in '95). I now know a lot about tech analysis, level II, money management, psychology, blah, blah, blah. My question is; given that I have trading experience but not trading success, would going to work for a prop firm such as Bright or Swift make good sense at this point? Or do they just offer basic training and then throw you in the pool to sink or swim? Bright says they will train you in methodologies that "actually work". I could also use more discipline and thought maybe a prop could help with that too. Also, I've mostly traded with scared money so I thought maybe Swift would be good for that issue.

Or should I just wake up and smell the Formaldehyde?

2. If you have been doing anything for 12 years and have not achieved success you are either not serious about it or you should just stop.

I have been at it for about 3 years and have gone from losing every trade to holding on, breaking even and sometimes winning.

It takes time and effort to do anything.

Perhaps you should just give your cash to an adviser and let them work it for you.