Just fired. Should I give it a try?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by andread, Oct 16, 2006.

1. andread

andread

I still think that wishy washy before making a decision doesn't automatically imply wishy washy after making a decision.

Guys, many thanks to everyone. Looks like maybe it's not yet the case for me to think about it seriously. I'll go on with my usual things, maybe start contracting, which should give me more financial opportunities. I'll keep trading part time, and see how it goes.

Thank you all for the participation

#31     Oct 18, 2006
  2. ssblack

ssblack

OMG, please never again!!!

#32     Oct 18, 2006
  3. Humpy

Humpy

$6,000 is plenty to learn to trade, though not enough to make a full time living.
    Paper trading doesn't have the same bite to it as one can say "oh well its not real money".
    Once you get good at it, on say the S&P then one can just up the stakes. By getting good at it I mean consistantly profitable month by month.
    Good luck

#33     Oct 18, 2006
  4. :)

With that recipe it should work-out in 3 years or so. Maybe less if you really apply yourself and get some decent help along the way.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Jam

#34     Oct 18, 2006
  5. Only if he's really smart and applies himself diligently, because ...

Not only does it not have the same bite to it, but it also doesn't generate the same reactions, emotions (fear and greed) or concepts in the thought processes of the trader. While it is good for getting the general overview of trading and getting a basic technique down, that's about it.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, but always prove everything with a 1 lot before moving on. After that, maintaining discipline under fire is the most important thing you can do, PERIOD.

Best,

Jimmy

#35     Oct 18, 2006
  6. Good decision.

That'll give you time to create your plan, prove your capabilities, and build some capital.

#36     Oct 18, 2006