just fell of the turnip truck.......

Discussion in 'Economics' started by loza, Sep 25, 2009.

1. loza

loza Guest

ok...could you enlighten me....
    the difference of G8 and G20.....

I thought I knew the G8 before but this G20.....that is 12 more nations....

so who are in the G20?

....and when the fuck are they leaving Pittsburgh, PA?

2. loza

loza Guest

"All 19 member nations are among the top 32 economies as measured in GDP at nominal prices in a list published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for 2008.[5] Excluded from the G-20 are Taiwan (19), Switzerland (21), Norway (24), Iran (27) and Venezuela(30), even though they rank higher than some members. Spain (9), Netherlands (16), Poland (18), Belgium (20), Sweden (22), Austria (25), Greece (26) and Denmark (28) are included only as part of the EU, and not independently. When the countries' GDP is measured at purchasing power parity (PPP) rates, all 19 members are among the top 24 in the world in 2008, according to the IMF.[6] Iran (17) and Thailand (23) are not G-20 members, while Spain (12), Netherlands (19) and Poland (20) are only included in the EU slot. However, in a list of average GDP, calculated for the years since the group's creation (1999–2008) at both nominal and PPP rates, only Spain, Netherlands and Poland appear above any G-20 member in both lists simultaneously.[7]"

This makes no fucking sense.....
    why exclude the Netherlands?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-20_major_economies