just doubled-down on my NG position

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by krazykarl, Sep 22, 2006.

1. That may be the understatement of the year!

Good luck with your positions. Hope you make KRAZY money!! :D

#21     Sep 22, 2006
  2. #22     Sep 22, 2006
  3. u either have balls made of stainless steel or u are a degenerate, no 2ways about it...i mean, when on earth did u make the decision to marry for life and death ms ng...beacause, let's face it...now just aint no way u gonna get rid of it, innit?

#23     Sep 22, 2006
  4. While I think the probabilities favor Karl being KRAZY, this isn't necessarily a stupid trade, depending on his timeframe and position sizing. $9 was nowhere near the high.

#24     Sep 22, 2006
  5. Your best bet is for V's to touch 4.50 before end of Sept, you have 5 days. If not, chances are high you will have an incredibly hot October to deal with.

Good luck.

#25     Sep 22, 2006

6. thanks - i have a 4 month horizon on this trade, i have a feeling that after the elections it will be good.

plus who was it that bought all of Amaranth's contracts - chase or citi? someone large bailed their assess out.(since they could no longer carry the trade...)

i can't imagine one of the big boys is going to let this trade go south on them.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

#26     Sep 22, 2006

7. what can i say - i like gassy ladies... :cool: :cool:

i've only been trading seriously for 20 months, and after reviewing my track record, i realised that if i like a trade, i mean a real solid trade, i need to bring the hurt.

90% of my loosers have been wishy-washy trades where i wanted quick entries and exits.

the winners were trades of conviction - solid scaled entries and a single exit. my balls are feeling a bit heavy these days...... :)

#27     Sep 22, 2006
  8. why fight the trend?

Jesse Livermore....

Tudor Jones....

Ed Seykota....

Richard Dennis....

repeat after me....why fight the trend?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :(

#28     Sep 22, 2006
  9. im not fighting it, i'm letting it carry me down, in order to catch a favorable ride on the way back up.

when i say i double-down, im really fibbing. my trades progressively increase in size, moving my basis lower and lower with each entry. the key is to make sure you space out the trades enough to take advantage of the trend.

the trend current trend is perspective - down over the past 12 months, up over the past 5 years.

the trend will always change.

#29     Sep 22, 2006

10. thats some pretty good SPIN on your long which should be a short.

When the trend goes up, you gonna close out and then go short?

:confused:

#30     Sep 22, 2006