just cover, market is oversold, fed will come to the rescue

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

dont short, just cover your swing trades. bear could not get this market down 2%, bernanke has came to the rescue EVERYTIME the market sold off like this. 75bps minimum next meeting

2. I returned after a couple month hiatus to tell people it is time 2 buy. Sure enough a few days later the markets have thier biggest one day gains in five years...

The fed is gonna crush the shorts. baen bends ass backwards to the markets. Dont fight the fed. Go long.

3. Daal

Daal

we had payroll data that send the market lower than this, vix is too high and fed will ease like mad

4. Mvic

Mvic

Gold stock as a hedge against further easing and $ weakness. Gold feels too much like chasing here and is too volatile to take a big position if you are not already in, however there are lots of good gold stocks that should pop and have good earnings too, just coming oput from under the earnings caps of forwrad sales and cap ex incraeses to ramp up production so should enjoy a few quarters of powerful earnings. Good RR. As stated in a previous post GFI is the way I am playing it.

5. The most scary statement of all time..

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/press/monetary/20080314a.htm

Press Release
    Release Date: March 14, 2008

For immediate release

The Federal Reserve is monitoring market developments closely and will continue to provide liquidity as necessary to promote the orderly functioning of the financial system. The Board voted unanimously to approve the arrangement announced by JPMorgan Chase and Bear Stearns this morning.

To me that is a stern warning to shorts. S&P will be up 100 points once the Fed completes it's hat trick.

The Fed could one day soon announce to buy all MBS at face value.

6. wrong...all overhyped...FED will not cut next week...why?...they never do so much bps in so many days

7. Dude, we're talking about bernanke here. To prevent the great Depression he would have had rates at 0 or less if need be.

8. Daal

Daal

I told you so

9. S2007S

S2007S

dow up 250,

anything less than 50bp and say goodbye to this 250+ point rally.

going to be crazy after 2:15pm...

10. You're only 47 points from getting to that "magical" 6,000 POST MARK.
    Are you going to get there by 2:15 PM?

:D

#10     Mar 18, 2008