Just cancelled LiveCharts by eSignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jack_Larkin, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Thread title says it all.

I've used LiveCharts for the last 3-4 months now as alternative charting tool to the one I use at work.

I was hoping for something that had more flexibility and cleaner data feed than my work's software... and getting real time data for non-US markets usually isn't cheap. So LiveCharts at ~$35 a month (platform plus data) seemed like it could be a good fit.

Sadly, I noticed a lag in the price feed of anywhere between half a second to 2 seconds. This was unacceptable. I contacted eSignal support via email but only got generic responses back..."we can't reproduce the problem on our end..." "...make sure your Java is up to date.."

So with no solution, and eSignal seemed less and less willing to help me... I had to cancel the service.

I think the worst part of the whole experience is that every time I pushed the issue with eSignal beyond their generic support tips, they would tell me to just upgrade to the full eSignal platform.

Dear eSignal: Upselling to a more expensive porduct is NOT a solution to a customer's problems.

After these experiences with eSignal's support and products, I cannot recommend LiveCharts or eSignal to anyone.

Shitty job guys.

2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Dear Jack,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience using LiveCharts. It is more difficult to troubleshoot user issues on LC but I agree, upgrading to eSignal should not be a generic answer to performance issues. If you are willing to PM your username or CID, I will be happy to review your account.

Thanks.