Just Buy The Dip

Discussion in 'Journals' started by rolan, Jan 3, 2018.

1. rolan

rolan

Out of all longs. Short Russell 2000 via 4025 shares TZA @7.96

#61     Aug 27, 2018
  2. rolan

rolan

Stop in place at 8. Last 8.06. Would like to let this ride through end of month. I’ve seen trend changes occur with a start of a new month.

#62     Aug 28, 2018
  3. rolan

rolan

Stop moved to 7.97 current bid 8.01

#63     Aug 28, 2018
  4. rolan

rolan

I didn't honor my stop and actually added to TZA position. Currently own 6025 shares @ 7.93. Current price at close today is 7.94. My position has fluctuated from plus a few hundred to down a few hundred. I still think there could be a regime change that begins this long holiday weekend and with the month ending, we'll see. I still want to use this TZA position to hedge any longs taken by the system.

#64     Aug 30, 2018
  5. rolan

rolan

Continuing with a steady grind up after a shaky first half of the year. Live trading the strategy is on the left, and paper trading is on the right, for those new to my journal. Started the year with 100k. I am still underperforming the S&P, which is up about 9.5% YTD. Not overly impressive, but at least profitable. Still 3 months to go!

9-21-2018 3-04-45 PM.png

#65     Sep 21, 2018
  6. rolan

rolan

After sensing that the market was not going to rally into the close, I played around with placing several buy stops in QID just above the ask. It sure felt wrong shorting the Nasdaq at the low of the day. As each one filled, my position grew and I moved my stop up, which eventually got hit. Then I accidentally bought some shares back at the close. I also went long TQQQ, so I'll hang on to both for next week.

Even though I am chiefly a RTM trader, it sure feels good trading in the direction of the market if you are able to get a sense for a trend developing. If the trend never continues, you won't be buying more and just stop out for a relatively small loss.

qid.png

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    #66     Sep 21, 2018