Just buy dips on high volume

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 7, 2018.

1. The strategy was not successful today. Untitled-1.gif

#61     Feb 27, 2018
  2. I feel like I'm going crazy. I swear this was effective when I made this thread. Mayve I need to go over it some more.

Go long after at least three down candles with increase in volume. This means just a down candle on gigantic volume isn't a signal. It needs to come after a downtrend which we will define in this case as three down candles in a row.

#62     Feb 27, 2018
  3. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Are you familiar with the work,books, sales pitch of Connors?
    Sounds a bit like well travelled/tested ground you are covering.

#63     Feb 28, 2018
  4. aldrums

aldrums

Understanding your strategy within the context of the daily swings might be helpful. You might want to check out the Taylor Trading Technique:
    In that context, Tuesday was a Short-Sell day. The market had traded two days from low to high. On the Short/Sell day you are supposed to short the penetration of yesterday’s High near the open and hopefully the market will move lower...which is exactly what happened...it was textbook. This is not a day for your strategy. Today was a good old fashioned trend day down. There was distribution in the mid-morning...but it got stopped short by the GLow. It looked pretty bullish for a while, but after a failed breakout the sellers came back with a vengeance. Continued selling on increasing volume...not a good environment for your strategy.
    Tomorrow is a “Buy Day”. The market has traded two days from High to low. If the Buy Day appears to be working, this is a day when your strategy could work.

#64     Mar 1, 2018
    broomstick likes this.
  5. That is something unknown to me. Sales pitch? Is he a trading "guru"?

#65     Mar 1, 2018
  6. On 2/28 there were 2 winners and 3 losers oh and one more at the end. Untitled-1.gif

#66     Mar 1, 2018
  7. Untitled-1.gif 3/1 produced losers.

#67     Mar 1, 2018
  8. Next chart
    Untitled-2.gif

#68     Mar 5, 2018
  9. Looks like this strategy stopped working.

#69     May 23, 2018