Just buy dips on high volume

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 7, 2018.

1. However I look at this I think that it could work for shorts, too. We are calling tops and bottoms rather than looking for trend confirmation.

#51     Feb 20, 2018
  2. Not too many successes here.

#52     Feb 21, 2018
  3. What happened today in the afternoon, how come there was so much trading? Including shorts on this one. The two in the middle are not green because price didn't go far enough in the new direction before switching. Untitled-8.gif

#53     Feb 21, 2018
  4. How would someone feel about coding up some rules for me because I don't have any charting program anymore?

#54     Feb 21, 2018
  5. #55     Feb 21, 2018
  6. Legitimately didn't work on the 22nd. Untitled-11.gif

#56     Feb 23, 2018
  7. %
    Untitled-11.gif

#57     Feb 23, 2018
  8. Sprout

Sprout

If you build tapes/traverses and channels, then you’ll start to see the relationship of those high volume bars and price movement.

The market goes through a repeating series of events. The bar’s you are distinguishing are one of the three peaks every non-interrupted trend cycles through on fast fractal tapes.

The 1min is a bit tough, if manual, 5min is an easier timeframe to monitor the market. Candles are fun to watch and look at but bars will show the underlying developing trend more easily.

Edit: Jigsaw is a good product but observing orderflow is a different orientation in monitoring the markets than chart based trading. For some it’s the missing link. Definitely get the training with it if you pull the trigger, Peter presents the material in straightforward and accessible manner. Great stuff!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    #58     Feb 24, 2018
  9. 1a2b3c, keep at it man. watching with much eagerness my good man. many thanks.

#59     Feb 24, 2018
  10. I don't think it worked on 2/26. Untitled-1.gif

#60     Feb 27, 2018