Just buy dips on high volume

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 1a2b3cppp, Feb 7, 2018.

1. the black lines didn't work, green line did. Untitled-16.gif

#41     Feb 15, 2018

2. so wait. are you saying you cant see those volume indicators that seem to be a key in your theory until after the fact? that would seem very important. your work around is to average down? where so you start averaging? or is this still being fleshed out? :)

Very interesting.

#42     Feb 16, 2018
  3. You start at the open of the following candle. Average down based on price movement.

#43     Feb 16, 2018
  4. Many winners appear. Untitled-1.gif

#44     Feb 16, 2018
  5. So, 1a2b3, this is very interesting, but are you going to develop it? So you wait for a down bar on high volume, and start averaging in. How much of your portfolio per each average in, and over what period? And when do you stop averaging in, get out on the downside (it keeps going down and down and down), and get out on the upside? It seems that if you start averaging in when you have a down day on high volume, a lot of the time you are going to be picking times when it has a looong way to drop, even though many (most?) you will be picking times when it is about to turn around.

Seems your strategy is very much opposite the chart/etc. that suntrader was posting.

#45     Feb 17, 2018
  6. Too bad I don't still have SierraChart, I could code this up really fast to identify the lines in real time.

#46     Feb 17, 2018
  7. I don't know. Increase down to 4 points on ES, close at 2 points past original entry and let one ride in case you pick the low of the day? This is what I just imagined right now.

#47     Feb 17, 2018
  8. A few years ago I explored 5 second volume charts. I need to explore these again.

#48     Feb 17, 2018
  9. Today didn't really work that well. Untitled-2.gif

#49     Feb 19, 2018
  10. Jeffro72

Jeffro72

I don't use anything like this, but here's one idea on this method: in the case of a long, wait for the next bar's close to exceed the signal bar's open. opposite for a short.

#50     Feb 20, 2018