Just bot AAPL DD

Discussion in 'Options' started by Eliot Hosewater, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Actually I closed the puts side for 1.15 (Don't know where the .80 came from, it was before my 1st cup of coffee). I wanted to try playing around with other possibilities. I ended up doing the butterfly-like trade, but for 3.75. I now have +1 Dec 185C, -2 Nov 190C, +1 Nov 195C. I will see what rolling opportunities there will be before Nov expiration. If AAPL stays around 190 it should be sweet.

I mentioned the DC because of the $5 loss between the short and long. If AAPL had stayed below 180 then the DD was probably better.

BTW, I just got filled on an AMZN DC, 95/105. They report today.

#31     Oct 23, 2007
  2. AMZN getting creamed in AH. Maybe I'll get a chance to play with the put side on this one. :eek:

#32     Oct 23, 2007
  3. Sorry I was not trying to imply anything about the account size there ;). My point was that with the Analyzer I can plug in the position with different vol assumptions and see my potential maximum risks and decide before entering the position.

I was expecting a drop in IV of 4 points from 51 but it actually dropped about 10 to 41 which helped make it profitable despite the 15 point gap up.

#33     Oct 23, 2007
  4. Mup

Mup

I'll stick to Futs :D

#34     Oct 23, 2007
  5. Lets see if this strategy works with a big drop in spot.

#35     Oct 23, 2007
  6. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Great trade, OC. Are you using OptionVue to analyze your trades?

#36     Oct 23, 2007
  7. I was for a while and then realized ToS analyzer platform is just as good and free with the account. You can now model different vols on different legs of the spread individually. OptionVue is nice but too pricey for my tastes and everything I did on OV I am doing on ToS analyzer.

#37     Oct 23, 2007