Just as I said. China is going to win the trade war

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Nov 7, 2019.

1. dozu888

dozu888

I don't think the 2 things are that related.... the GDP drag from the trade war is minimal for the US... the rate cut is really to match the rates around the world so at least we are somewhat competitive.... now was the fed influenced by Trump's pressure? perhaps.... but from Trump's perspective of course lower the better..

#41     Nov 7, 2019
  2. We are seeing the final century of the American empire. The US will never recover and what you see has lots of, parallels to the last century of the Ottoman Empire.

#42     Nov 7, 2019
  3. Banjo

Banjo

There's no greater waste than the waste of human capital. One has to have spent time in the dregs of the human soup to truly comprehend the heinous impact on the species.

#43     Nov 7, 2019
    Real Money, Cuddles and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

They had a Pokémon Go craze that lasted for a month?

#44     Nov 7, 2019
  5. I get the sentiment but I would rephrase that as "there is no greater waste than a human who is not pursuing their own purpose"

#45     Nov 7, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN and Nobert like this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Ok, let's concede that there's a "win" there, will it offset the GDP , wages, and economic loss for these last two years due to the trade war?

#46     Nov 7, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

by far!

the market is saying 'loss what loss'... new high after new high even during the past 1.5 years.... GDP and wages have all been growing under Trump... average household income increased by $5000+, far greater than under Bush or Obama.

we are not an export economy, the drag on us is far lighter than on China, exactly why the pressure on China is higher.

thinking long term... how much do we lose on IP every year... can't even put a price tag on that... and what about world dominance, reserve currency status, one belt one road, Made in China 2025... these strategic long term considerations will have impacts for decades to come, far greater than the minimal drag for the past 1.5 years.

#47     Nov 7, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  8. destriero

destriero

US loses MASSIVELY. It's not open to debate. It's just partisan talking points until Trump is indicted on 1/20/2021.

#48     Nov 7, 2019
  9. tsznecki

tsznecki

Yes I'm sure that worked real well for Russia and Argentina in the past.

#49     Nov 7, 2019
  10. smallfil

smallfil

A Chinese on a documentary I saw on YouTube was interviewed after the plant he was working on closed. He said he was happy with the $3 a day he got paid. All he wanted was food to eat and a little extra for his other needs. Now, he is being exploited by his communist masters big time and in turn, US companies like Nike sell $200 sneakers because of his efforts. Do not know how much the Chinese suppliers charge Nike for the sneakers but, probably, dirt cheap. Maybe, $10 a pair? Even at that, they are making a killing. China's economy will implode sooner than later. Those empty apartment buildings the Chinese bought as an investment are now cratering in value. Just like the 2008 real estate bubble in the US. This one is probably, 20 times as large and no signs of abating!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    #50     Nov 7, 2019