Just as I said. China is going to win the trade war

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Nov 7, 2019.

1. S2007S

S2007S

AI

Yep everyone is worried....I'm not. This sounds like they know it's coming but yet nothing is in place to keep the job force in full swing. We already lost millions of manufacturing jobs to China over the last 50 years so imagine how many jobs we lose to AI and and robots.

#21     Nov 7, 2019
  2. The amount of low skill jobs that are disappearing in my area is scary. No cashiers, eventually drive thrus will be fully automated. We even have a pizza joint that has no one working there.

#22     Nov 7, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Where can i read this landmark agreement?

#23     Nov 7, 2019
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I agree yes, those jobs will be gone, it's happening. I see it with most cashier areas with selt check out. But I dont think those jobs are technically the jobs that are making the world go round and round.

#24     Nov 7, 2019
  5. dozu888

dozu888

I don't think the official version is released yet... but even the leftist NYT is giving some credit..

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/business/economy/china-trade-deal.html

but regardless what eventually is there, the point stays the same... when he started it 1.5 years ago we had none of these benefits... nada, zip.. so any benefit is a win... matter of fact, the opening of the financial services market is already a fact... this is law now in China.

now of course his political enemies want to spin it - ha he asked for a mile, but only got half a mile.... ignoring the fact that a complex negotiation like this is always give and take... and if your goal is 800 yards you NEVER start by asking for 800 yards.

#25     Nov 7, 2019
  6. You can't have an idle class with no money and not expect any problems. Some of them will undoubtedly be intelligent enough to create chaos a la weathermen.

#26     Nov 7, 2019
  7. Which benefits are you speaking of? You seem to be the only one in this thread who is parroting motivational speak. Does not seem you independently think at all...

#27     Nov 7, 2019
  8. destriero

destriero

Trump got bent over. What an embarrassment.

As outlined, however, the “skinny” trade deal largely omits what White House trade adviser Peter Navarro calls the “seven deadly sins” structurally built into China’s unfair trade practices. There is no airtight commitment to protecting intellectual property, ending currency manipulation and granting market access. The PRC will neither curb subsidies and state support for national champions of industry nor pursue market liberalization. Not in phase one, and not anytime soon.

#28     Nov 7, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  9. The brightest people? That alone completely disqualifies your judgement skills. Do a quick test drive on the NJ Turnpike to get a feel of the fresh-off-the-boat talent you are speaking of. The majority who come to US are dumb as shit. Desperate? Yes. Hard working? Not so, hard working in their definition yes, like hardworking in India as defined as lifting a finger to plug your nose. Get real dude. Check the latest aptitude tests and where the US ranks. Lol

#29     Nov 7, 2019
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Looks like the economy has been booming while just under 40,000,000 people live in poverty here in the United states. So I dont see a negative impact on that situation.

#30     Nov 7, 2019