Just as I said. China is going to win the trade war

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Nov 7, 2019.

1. FOMC.jpg

#11     Nov 7, 2019
    elitenapper likes this.
  2. S2007S

S2007S

The futures should be up over 400+ on this news but only up 150. Looks like this is getting really tiring.

#12     Nov 7, 2019
    elitenapper and Cuddles like this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Absolutely no fu☆king worries.
    That is a total non event. In fact this news should propel the dow to 28,000 next week.

#13     Nov 7, 2019
  4. zdreg

zdreg

How long will the US last?[/QUOTE]
    The US educational system below the college level is terrible. At the college level it is becoming mediocre. There is a violent underclass who never work in legitimate jobs. The middle class is being soaked by spendthrift politicians. Politicians are babbling about redistributing wealth instead of growing wealth. The local police are acting like they are members of the Swat team etc. etc.

One day when the piper has to be paid Americans will remember current times as the best of times.

#14     Nov 7, 2019
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Updated Nov. 5, 2019 3:49 pm ET

The New York Fed added $102.14 billion in temporary liquidity Tuesday, and it also added permanent liquidity with more Treasury bill purchases.

#15     Nov 7, 2019
  6. dozu888

dozu888

lol..

farm product purchase? IP protection? financial sector opening up? currency management? US won BIG in phase 1 with more to follow.

not 'no tariff'... it's 'canceling in stages', basically we are back to the version 4 months ago that China walked out on, and now they are back to sign it due to the tremendous pressure.

and how do you lose a trade war when it was initiated by Trump 1.5 years ago with NONE of the above benefits?

please use some independent thinking, instead of just using the leftist media to feed your confirmation bias. it's called 'Art of the Deal'...

go thru the chronicles - Trump started with zero benefits to the US, tariff on - 1.5 years later we have the above benefits, with tariff 'to be canceled in stages', which means more talk and more benefit to come.

independent thinking - the most important EDGE for trading.

#16     Nov 7, 2019
    bone and guru like this.
  7. dozu888

dozu888

goodness... where do you live lol... I hope it's not in the US or it really a grim picture you are painting.

sky high debt - pls study the monetary system.... debt = money supply.

dependency on foreigners - that's a bad thing? we are attracting the brightest people to become US citizens.. a tremendous talent pull world wide.

infrastructure - yes its pretty bad - give Trump some time... 3 years he has been working non stop, will get to it.

society deeply divided - perhaps, but it might just feel this way - deep division periods did happen in the past... also how do you drain the DC swamp without disrupting it..

mediocre products - this is nonsense.. a certain country's economy is more or less competitive in different industries... https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/08/sin...become-most-competitive-country-wef-says.html

#17     Nov 7, 2019
  8. The US does not need to service the lowest bar of citizens. They have no power and no lobby. The important thing is to keep them just not poor enough. They should be able to afford Netflix, alcohol, iPhones and be just exhausted enough to make it home, but not too exhausted that they can't take the bus.

For the US to remain competitive in various arenas, all that is really necessary is to continue to bring the best of the world into the US. H1B visas are not what I mean, I mean real citizenship. This is the way Canada has chosen to go, sock boy's obsession with Muslim refugees notwithstanding. I have many Canadian friends who obtained citizenship through a fairly smooth employment-related process.

Obviously, I don't agree with treating poor people in this way, but that is how it works. It seems every society needs an underclass to survive and the US has got that machine down pat.

#18     Nov 7, 2019
    dozu888 likes this.
  9. Banjo

Banjo

In any social structure somebody has to do the dirty work, IOW somebody has to be the slave.

#19     Nov 7, 2019
    dozu888 and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  10. Will be interesting when enough robots take over.

#20     Nov 7, 2019