Just Another Few Trillion $

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jul 10, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Shirley, you jest... that's the "apples and fruit salad" comparo..

#21     Jul 11, 2008
  2. Excellent Commentary, Gnome......

Gnome wrote....

What about the nearly $5 Trillion the national debt has increased since Bush took office? They borrowed it, spent it, and left the debt for someone else to pay. What's with that?*

*rhetorical question, of course... it's only "bidness as usual"...

............................................................................

Looks like Bush/Cheney is going for the grand finale !

Another war.....oil past $200....and just a few more trillion on the books.....

Looks like his family bought the SA ranch for a reason....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/oct/23/mainsection.tomphillips

#22     Jul 11, 2008
  3. No quite sure what you mean gnome.

regards
    f9

#23     Jul 11, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

The original concept of government was rather than living in a lawless society where it was "every man for himself", collectives of people recognized they would be better off if each of them gave up a bit of their personal liberties and a bit of their money in order to have some sort of laws and government which would be beneficial to the community in general.

That's waaayyyy different than today... where the Gummint RAPES the public purse for its own ends. :mad:

#24     Jul 11, 2008
  5. You are right.....just additional gutting of america as PLANNED. :mad:

#25     Jul 11, 2008
  6. Stupidity or ignorance?

The real owners of this country know exactly what they are doing. They don't make mistakes. It's always easier to claim incompetency because the sheeple will be more forgiving.

#26     Jul 11, 2008
  7. Understand what you are saying, but from the Indian's point of view, nothing has changed.

Taxation is a very dangerous weapon and can easily be used against the donor as tax payers in US, UK, Europe, Canada, Aus are finding out.

In theory collect participation (taxation, insurance) is a wonderful concept.

However, the longer I live the more I realise how little things change.

regards
    f9

#27     Jul 11, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

The American Indian's situation is different. They were simply conquered by a superior force. Unfortunate for them, but such has been the nature of empires and mankind since the dawn of time.

#28     Jul 11, 2008
  9. Although slightly off topic, these markets are presenting the best trading opportunities I've ever seen in 30 years.

Jeff

#29     Jul 11, 2008
  10. Precisely my point gnome.
    The longer I live the more I realise how little things change.
    In the case of the Indians it was easy to identify the two parties.

The conquerors today more resemble the Trojans, but the outcome is just the same ... someone wins at the expense of others.

regards
    f9

#30     Jul 11, 2008