Just another day in Chicago

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jun 13, 2012.

1. #41     Jun 25, 2012
  2. #42     Jun 25, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

We don't need no steenkin' gun control, except for the crazy people!
    How do you know if someone is crazy?
    They kill 20 people at a restaruant, duh!

#43     Jun 25, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, crazy people don't care about gun control laws. LOL. They tend to ignore all laws. But hey, let's pass some more regulation making sure you, Ricter, can't defend yourself from the crazy guy who shows up at your door step with a gun he purchased illegally. Sound like a good idea!

#44     Jun 25, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I'm just having fun there. Hey, if everyone was armed, the crazy guy would only take out three or four!

Now, if I were a street level criminal and wanted to rob people in a free carry city, I'd simply shoot first and take the money off the corpse. : )

#45     Jun 25, 2012
  6. Why does a kid need a gun?

#46     Jun 25, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

"I can't go to school
    cuz I ain't got a gun
    I ain't got a gun
    cuz I ain't got a job
    I ain't got a job
    cuz I can't go to school
    So I'm looking for a girl with a gun and a job"

(Alice Cooper) : )

#47     Jun 25, 2012
  8. Passing tougher gun control laws will be about as effective as raising the retirement age will be in offsetting Social Security problems. Neither addresses the root cause. SSN is broke because congress is allowed to use it as a slush fund. Until that changes you can rasie the f'n age to 100 and it won't don't anything but delay the inevitable. Sorry, but any chance I get to work in this wholesale theft of our money, I just can't help myself. Back on topic.
    Gang bangers and other violent criminals will get guns no matter how tough the gun laws get. The root cause of all the killing is we now live in a throw away society and life is cheap. When the kids are being rasied by grandma, and grandma has yet to turn 30, that's a problem. Add to that a complete lack of social guidance within the community, a public school system that forgives any and all types of behavior, a court system that hand slaps even the most violent offenders...and here we are.

#48     Jun 25, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

If tougher gun laws won't help (and I agree), then why would "tougher" parenting, or tougher socializing, tougher teaching, or tougher sentencing help?

"Dooth somme goode dedes that the devel, which is oure enemy, ne fynde yow nat unocupied."

#49     Jun 25, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, if you were my son, let God bear witness that you would never so much as go near 100 yards of a gun. That is a fact.

#50     Jun 25, 2012