Just a question.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Very strong words.

Please state how anyone on this board is an apologist for terrorism?

Or is this a perception you formed in your on mind due to a certain bias on your part?

#21     Feb 14, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not as strong as you accusing everyone in the GOP of being racist.

#22     Feb 14, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Ok.

Ron Paul says that we (the United States) effectively caused 9/11 by our presence in Saudi Arabia and Iraq and that we had it coming. That is a rationalization of the attack and an attempt to blame the US and it has been repeated and embelished repeatedly here.

Other instances I've seen here in P&R are the people who say that the Palestinians are justified in their terrorist attacks on jewish settlers because the land was "taken" from them.

I wasn't referring to you but there are terrorist apologists posting those ideas here almost daily. Those same folks fell silent in the last few days as Iran has been attacking innocent people in India, Georgia and now Thailand. They fail to condemn those attacks because they think the attacks are justified.

That enough?

#23     Feb 15, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Ron Paul is not saying we caused 9/11, nor is he rationalizing it, nor is he justifying it.

Ron Paul is explaining the motive behind it, which is impossible to deny.

What was the reason the terrorists gave for attacking us? The motive they say they have is because we keep fucking with them.

That is not justifying, or rationalizing what they do, it is simply pointing out the motive behind their attacks.

Rightly, or wrongly, the reason they give when they keep attacking us, is because we keep fucking around in the middle east, so thats their motive, stating their motive doesnt mean that someone thinks their attacks are rational, nor does it mean that they think the attacks are justified.

Ill give you an example..... If there was a kid, who was neglected by his mother his entire life, and then one day he went out and killed his mom, we would all say that murdering his mom was neither rational, nor justified, but if the kid told you the reason he did it was because his mom didnt pay attention to him, you would know that the kids motive for killing his mom was because he felt neglected....

#24     Feb 15, 2012
  5. Okay, fair enuf, I should qualified those statements by saying regular posters, not nutbirds like Jake Jones. I don't think that anyone who posts here regularly, that's about 20 of us, condones terrorism.

Paul supporters in my mind, say it is not in the spirit of our nation say one thing and do another. If Israel, is doing black ops in Iran, but we impose sanctions on state supported terrorism, don't you think that is a bit hollow?

It was us that told on them, you know. This did not come from RT or anything like that.

#25     Feb 15, 2012
  6. No, our presence in Saudi Arabia and friendship with Israel have been cited as "motives" but we were in Saudi Arabia at their invitation and who the hell is anyone to tell us who our allies should be? Ron Paul's tried to legitimize those "motives" with his kook isolationist policies and by saying things to the effect of, "what should we expect?" Fuck him.

A better example would be if a psycho thug burned your house down because you set him off by going to someone's house at their invitation and you have friends he doesn't like.

#26     Feb 15, 2012