Just a little idea...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by WDGann, Jul 20, 2003.

1. You guys are funny as shit!:D

#21     Aug 21, 2003
  2. True. But not if competitions were held on a regular or semi-regular basis. Or, if - irregular?? - competitions were held over an extended period of time. Increase the exposure and eliminate (or minimize) luck as a factor.

#22     Aug 21, 2003
  3. and some lousy traders get rich because they got lucky.....

best,

surfer

#23     Aug 21, 2003

4. your understanding of statistics, randomness, and luck needs a little work.

surfer:eek:

#24     Aug 21, 2003
  5. LOL... what happened to the this is my last post vow... bwahahahahahahahaha

#25     Aug 22, 2003

6. Gordon Gekko
    Elite Member

06-11-03 05:52 PM
    closing my trading account today
    about 2 weeks ago, my account at IB dwindled down to like $1975. to place a trade, you need $2000. so i wrote a check for $50 to get back above $2000 and considered my next trade a hail mary trade. well, i did the trade today and lost like $200.

i really just don't have the money to continue. 0% of me wants to quit, but i just can't afford to send more money into my account, so i am for the time being, done. yes, i know a couple months ago i started a similar thread, but i found a way to get some more money, so i could keep at it a little longer. but now, i just don't know what the hell i can do.

i can already see the responses now from dbphoenix, nkhoi, elcubano, etc. i'm looking for sympathy, blah blah blah. i'm gonna state right now, i don't care what negative responses i get in this thread. i really just don't give a fuck.

that said, my (financial) life has made a new all time low today. i totally feel obliterated. i have put countless hours into trying to trade since 1999, i'm 25, and i have absolute NOTHING to show for it and i'm pissed. i'm gonna have to get a job and i'm probably going to get paid like minimum wage. who the hell is going to hire me when i haven't had a job in like 3 years? what am i going to say at interviews? "so what have you been doing the last 3 years?" "trying to trade, but i lost all my money." on top of that, i am going to be MISERABLE at some job. you people can have any opinion you want of me, but i am not someone who should get paid minimum wage, i don't care what anyone says. i'm gonna be miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally, i almost feel like the last few months i was really starting to understand the market. i may even have a profitable trading strategy but my account is just way too tiny to trade it. that's another thing that pisses me off. if i had an ok size account, i could maybe make at least what i'll make at some minimum wage job.

once again, i am NOT asking for help and i am NOT looking for sympathy. i'm just posting my current situation and it sucks.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

is this a LESS THE ZERO contest?? ie: I lost $7000 but i win the contest becuase you lost $9000?????

#26     Aug 22, 2003