Just 4 The Naysayers

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Veyron 16.4, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Yes, exactly. And, what does one thing have to do with the other.

#21     Aug 21, 2009
  2. I didn't make a comparison, but since you ask... $41,000 is > $5,381. Was the $41k blown on demo-hookers?

#22     Aug 21, 2009

3. No, no, no (now I see the problem with your last question about 81%).

You have to read in context. How many times must I repeat this - WHY do I have to repeat this.

Look at the "Beginning Balance." Look at the total Net/Net P/L on the week. You take the Net/Net and divided it by the Total Gross Cost Basis in the trade and you arrive at 81% Net Gain as a percentage of Total Gross Cost Basis.

I could not show the cost basis from the report, as that would mean showing every single order line-by-line. So, I gave the total gross cost basis and allowed you to do the math on your own with the net/net p/l on the week.

Thus, 81% net gain on the CB this week.

#23     Aug 21, 2009
  4. Well, I've blown out MANY demo accounts on hookers, ideas, theories, thoughts, late-night wake moments at 2am with the Aha! moment and ever other kind of mental exercise that I could wrap my brain around.

If you are not blowing out demo accounts while tweaking your system, then you don't really have a system to begin with and you are most likely just kidding yourself about what this business is all about.

#24     Aug 21, 2009
  5. You fold like a chair. We can't solve for it, as it's not posted, so it's nonsense. You don't know a vanilla option from ice cream and you lost $41,000 of your demo account before booking this $5,341 demo gain.

That pretty much sums it up.

#25     Aug 21, 2009
  6. That is the most insane thing I have ever heard. I am testing our proprietary automated system on the worst brokerage I know WITHOUT money management code and am I blowing up?

The curve looks a lot nicer on an ECN like The Collective Fx.

Edit: LOL someone call Gordon Gekko.. Vanilla.. Ice cream... ah man that's classic

#26     Aug 21, 2009
  7. FB123

FB123

Given the lengths you have gone to in order to inform us of your trading strategy, it would appear that you do.

Having said that, you're going to get one of 3 responses from people on this board:

1. You're lying! I don't believe you!
    2. Good for you, I don't care.
    3. Good for you, congrats! Now go and find something useful to do with your money to make the world a better place.

Since I will choose to be positive, I'll give you answer #3.

Now unless you are trying to see if there is some flaw in your strategy or to get tips on how to improve it, I don't see the point in continuing to tell everyone here about it, if people don't want to listen.

I don't know whether you're telling the truth or not, and really it makes no material difference to me... one thing I learned a while ago was to not bother talking to people on the internet unless I was offering advice or asking for it. I can't quite tell which of those you seem to be doing here, so maybe there's not much point in continuing if you keep getting negative feedback. Just a thought.

#27     Aug 21, 2009
  8. the1

the1

Yes you do, otherwise you would not be posting this garbage. You are looking for admiration, affirmation, or both.

#28     Aug 21, 2009
  9. the1

the1

No! I don't post anything worthwhile. My purpose for being here on ET is for pure entertainment and you've provided me with my full share today :D

#29     Aug 21, 2009
  10. In your extremely small world, I'm sure it does.

#30     Aug 21, 2009