Just 4 The Naysayers

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Veyron 16.4, Aug 21, 2009.

1. And the reason why you're going overboard to prove that you are legit on an anonymous internet forum is because..?!?!?....

Dude, get off of your mommy's computer and go get laid...

#11     Aug 21, 2009
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Guys, if you don't like what he's got to say just put him on ignore.

There's no reason for everyone to be the truth squad here on Et...that's TraderZone's job.

#12     Aug 21, 2009

3. I would have no problem with that at all. But, there are four reasons why I cannot do that:

1) I used one of my real email accounts to set-up this particular demo account.

2) I used my bank's demo platform to make this trade and I cannot show my bank.

3) I cannot show the lots.

4) I cannot show the entry and/or exit prices.

Numbers 3 and 4 are the biggest reasons why I cannot comply with such a request.

If I make the mistake of showing the Pips Net AND the Gross Profit for each segment, then anyone can calculate the notational value and then know my lot size per trade. Again, giving away too much information about what I do and how I do it.

This is why I said at first, that it would be very hard for me to show any "proof" at all, absent a heavily redacted summary.

If I were doing merely Directional Trades, then I could show all, because the central factor for figuring why the trade was successful would be in the trade signal itself and not the trade details.

When you trade on a Non-Directional basis, you can reverse engineer a trade when you have enough detail about the profile.

To those that have been in the business long enough, my reasons for not divulging too much makes sense.

#13     Aug 21, 2009
  4. It's a DBFX/FXCM demo account. Apparently they start you out at $50,000... so what happened to the remaining $41,000?

#14     Aug 21, 2009

5. Who do you see here going overboard? Posting a pic of results is overboard? Funny, I thought all the blithering from clueless types here on ET, was where the conversation turned overboard?

Closing a thread, merely because someone posts their own personal story about how they became successful as a trader, is going overboard.

#15     Aug 21, 2009
  6. the1

the1

Veyron, no one really cares what you do with a paper trading account. In fact, no one really cares if you could do this with a real account. What exactly are you looking for by posting this on ET? Admiration? You ain't gonna get it. All you'll get is grief, and so it should be. Go on your way and duplicate this with real money and don't come back because no one cares.

#16     Aug 21, 2009

7. For the newbie - a test (demo) account means that you use the account to "test" ideas that may or may not be viable. Those that are not viable will drain your demo dollars. Those that are viable will increase your demo dollars.

The results shown here are from this week. The demo account was established long before this week began and used for the express purpose of testing 'other' ideas, theories, thoughts, etc.

In fact, at one time, I opened 50 positions back-to-back just to see how close to "in the spread" I could manage a maximum of 10 positions for each 5th segment. There was no trad signal or profile involved and I left the positions open until I ate dinner that night and then closed them all at once - caring nothing about actual P/L. Etc, etc., etc.

Any other pointless questions?

#17     Aug 21, 2009
  8. How did you arrive at the 81% figure? 81% on what?

#18     Aug 21, 2009
  9. To be clear, you lost 82% in this demo account leading into this week.

#19     Aug 21, 2009
  10. I think most of you clowns are basic internet trolls, if you ask me. You post a statement that no one cares. Do you actually think I give two popcorn kernels about whether or not you care, or what you think?

Internet Trolls can't read and they darn sure can't read in context. I'm not going to repeat for the umpteenth time, why I made my original post or why I posted these results. Learn to read in context - that will eliminate much of the useless blither that goes on inside ET.

More to the point, what is this Forum all about? Why are YOU here, specifically? Have you posted anything worthwhile? If so, point me to those links, if you don't mind.

The hypocrite states as his problem, that he does not know why another posts useless drivel, while at the very same time, doing the same thing himself. Hypocrisy, defined.

You clearly missed the point of the story a long time ago. Thus, you flounder now, wondering why I'm posting results, demo, live or otherwise.

Basic hypocrisy - and from all the IM's that I've been getting on other people sick and tired of that same level of hypocrisy on this forum, your post does not surprise me.

#20     Aug 21, 2009