Just 100 companies responsible for 71% of global emissions

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Sprout, Oct 9, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

I don't understand why they still bother to drill so much oil when people are increasingly relying on alternative energies for more and more large scale operations, not just cars. What are they going to do when they find out they can't really sell all those extra oil that they have extracted because nobody wants them anymore?

#11     Oct 11, 2018
  2. dozu888

dozu888

global warming now is at the bottom of list of environmental concerns... the brain washed crowd has dropped from about 50% after Al pushed the scam, to now only about 33%, in all the developed markets.

the 33%, are either

- too dumb to think for themselves, like this OP who has not a brain, and can only throw some links back at me, every of which is filled with bad science and won't stand 5 minutes of cross examination
    - in denial, realizing they have been conned for so long;
    - or have an agenda to push.

and you see - traders care about the markets and the money.... nobody really gives a f, based on the lack of responses.

Money is the smartest thing.

money is why Al pushed the scam;
    money is why the 'renewable energy' scheme flourished, all going after the Federal dollars; who gives a f about the environment anyway;
    money is why people keep buying ocean front properties.

2-inch CO2 does not compare to a welding shield... it's 3% of of all of the CO2, which is still a trace green house gas compared to water vapor;

2-inch CO2 is everything men made since we started burning sticks for fuel. take Paris e.g., if every country did what they promised (never gonna happen, india and China just want the US to put in the $Bs every year)... but even if they all did, in 100 years we are talking about the difference of this 2 inches growing to 2.5 vs. 2.75 inches.... meanwhile wasting $ trillions, choking off economic growth.... this is EVIL.

this will be my last post on this topic.... some people are just too dumb to think for themselves.. no more wasted keystrokes on this.

I assure you these people will throw more links back at this post... but with a little high school math and science and check the facts, the conclusions are much easier to reach, than reading the SP500 chart.

#12     Oct 12, 2018
  3. dozu888

dozu888

you are a trader.. you should know... check the oil chart.

#13     Oct 12, 2018
  4. Ldeyana

Ldeyana

The world needs to realize that global warming is real. It is not a hoax created by the Chinese. We need to make up policies that help the environment grow. I know that it is a hard thing to do but we need to do it for the sake and protection of our children.

#14     Dec 14, 2018
  5. Sig

Sig

Let's summarize what's going on here.
    Poster 1 throws out a completely unsupported assertion based on the same kind of "common sense" that would also say the earth is flat because we don't roll off it and the sun orbits the earth because....clearly, take a look!
    Poster 2 Provides a detailed list of references showing that everything Poster 1 said is incorrect, backed up by actual research and, you know, data.
    Poster 1, clearly having no references, research, or you know, data, repeats what he said in his previous posts while doing his damndest to ignore that oh so inconvenient set of references with their pesky research and data. And throws in some ad hominem attacks on everyone who holds a viewpoint different from is own...ironically given his demonstrated behavior above accusing them of being "dumb" and not checking facts.

All I can say is that the low end Dunning-Kruger effect is very strong with @dozu888 I think he honestly doesn't realize how shallow and information-free his posts on this topic are, and he sure as heck won't ever actually read anything that might cause him to question his good old common sense "think for myself" worldview.

#15     Dec 14, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  6. dozu888

dozu888

you are so blind man... look up grand solar minimum.

this recent volatility... 1 possibility is just a shake, but I am not too sure, even though I have a lot in the game.

the other possibility is a real bear market, and I see 2 reasons -

- China, the debt crisis maybe coming due, but this is not quite likely as the next reason as the government has complete control and can print unlimited and rob money out of it's people's savings;

- the grand solar minimum.... this is when dynasties collapse and can be the real reason for a massive down turn... nothing is for sure in the market of course.. because this is not something new.

equity valuation is so cheap now, SP is forward yielding more than 2X the 10 year yield, and if this is a real bear market there has to be a fundamental reason.

#16     Dec 17, 2018
  7. dozu888

dozu888

again, the alarmists fall into 2 groups: the brain washers and the brain washees.

the washers are busy pushing agenda - global control, green energy federal subs, research fundings etc.

the washees just recycle the garbage and meanwhile feeling good about 'saving the planet'.

I don't blame the washers, people chasing profit, what else is new.

but the brain washees, you have been made a fool and you are so far behind in the knowledge curve.... people in the know are already worrying/planning about the next mini ice age, and you are so in the dark.... not even debate-worthy.

#17     Dec 18, 2018
  8. Sig

Sig

And yet another content free post throwing insults around and you still haven't addressed the very detailed, itemized, data driven points that were presented to you. That says everything.

#18     Dec 18, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  9. dozu888

dozu888

not debate worthy and i dont care about your detailed itemized recycle of garbage... my reply was mainly for others to see.. too busy with real things to do.... but I will say this.. if will be very sad some day when you are too old to matter, and you finally realize you have been made a fool for all these years... not too late to wake up yet.

bye.

#19     Dec 18, 2018
  10. Sig

Sig

And he comes back with more childish insults. Good luck with those "real things to do"!

#20     Dec 18, 2018
    They and Sprout like this.