Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JangoFolly, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Try what this guy tried at our Army induction during the Vietnam war. He crapped on the First Sargeant's desk.

Then, it'll be us trying to get out of Jury Duty when your case comes up.

#11     Feb 21, 2007
  2. LOL:D :D :D

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. Money!!

#13     Feb 22, 2007
  4. newtoet

newtoet

It's people like you who make this country a great place.

#14     Feb 22, 2007
  5. You're exactly right, Hydro. I'm an individual trader and also have a computer programming business, but I'm the only person involved in both operations. I wouldn't mind giving a day or two to jury duty, but it's the possibility of getting stuck for a week or more which would make a serious dent in my income and compromise my ability to meet project deadlines. I have a wife and two kids, and I already pay a boatload in income, property, and sales taxes, so I don't feel like eating into my personal savings for the indefinite benefit of the county.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

#15     Feb 22, 2007
  6. Racial remarks.

I got called to serve and the case involved an illegal from Mexico stabbing someone.

When they questioned me the first thing I asked was "is this guy a legal immigrant?"

The attorney said "that is not relevant to this case"

My retort was "Yes it is. You can correct me if i`m wrong but wouldnt that make him guilty of breaking the law already?"

DONE....please go home we will call you in 5 years. :D

#16     Feb 22, 2007
  7. Moderator,

Sincere thanks to you for your consideration and for relocating this thread to the Career Trader forum.

Regards,

#17     Feb 22, 2007
  8. I agree fully with BSAM... make yourself totally unacceptable to one side... choose, by your comments, to be on the side of the criminal -- so you don't get followed home...

If you adopt the above approach, you will be struck from the jury panel VERY quickly... just make sure that you make yourself heard, so that they kick you off the panel...

#18     Feb 22, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

I served!

What a waste of time.

I would rather donate my time to a soup kitchen asshole.

#19     Feb 22, 2007
  10. If you're an engineer, make sure they know. Lawyers absolutely *hate* engineers. They think and analyze way too much. Lawyers just looooooove housewives, and others who are more swayed by emotional arguments.

(I'm currently in a ducked position so-as to avoid the inevitable thrown frying pan.)

#20     Feb 22, 2007