Jurik JMA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by just21, Jul 25, 2003.

1. man

man

on their (bad) site they write about radar and military and defining most probable position of a target. does anyone know more about these things?

peace

#41     Aug 14, 2003
  2. man

man

did anybody read his book "computerised trading"?

#42     Aug 14, 2003
  3. It appears that the Jurik MA method uses one MA only

Has anyone backtested and found that this is clearly more effective than the old fashioned SMA crossover?

Sometimes "new indicators" or "cool inventions" get all the attention, and its not uncommon that old reliables are almost as effective or better

just curious

#43     Aug 14, 2003
  4. make that "better than two MA's (crossover"

such as 5/20, etc

#44     Aug 14, 2003
  5. just21

just21

You should test the sma crossing the jma, instead of jma crossing jma of different time periods. The jma is closer to the price and has less lag than the sma. Maybe even use the same parameter for jma and sma. What other rules do you need for a ma system?

#45     Aug 14, 2003
  6. ..."It appears that the Jurik MA method uses one MA only"

The Jurik indicators are not methods or trading systems by themselves. With the Jurik toolset for eSignal I can overlay one, two, or however many JMA averages onto a chart I would like.

It is up to the user to decide how to use these indicators in trading, Jabez1947 yesterday suggested a book that looks like a perfect mesh with Jurik to create more of a ordered "system" to go with these indicators.

I have not read it yet thou but am considering buying it, maybe I will put it on my Christmas list since my wife never has a clue what to get me...http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/104-4926813-4388733?v=glance&s=books

#46     Aug 14, 2003
  7. Building a jurik'd macd can be pretty cool too.

#47     Aug 14, 2003
  8. Although I use just the basic Jurik RSX indicator in my trading, the recent upgrade to the Jurik toolset for eSignal includes a few MACD variants. Here is what it includes...

Includes the following indicators:

Basic JMA --- plots JMA over price bars

Basic VEL --- plots VEL and zero line

Basic RSX --- plots RSX and adjustable thresholds

Basic DMX --- plots DMX, DM- and DM+

MACD JMA --- plots difference between two JMA signals

MACD VEL --- plots 2 VEL signals or their difference (user option)

MACD RSX --- plots 2 RSX signals or their difference (user option)

MACD RSX + trailing SMA --- plots RSX MACD and SMA(MACD) for crossover analysis

VEL + trailing JMA --- plots VEL and JMA(VEL) for crossover
    analysis

RSX + trailing JMA --- plots RSX and JMA(RSX) for crossover analysis

RSX + trailing SMA --- plots RSX and SMA(RSX) for crossover analysis

Custom Price Line --- plots any valid EFS expression using Open, High, Low, Close

#48     Aug 14, 2003
  9. manz66

manz66

I wish someone create a hedge fund, which only trade scalping method. It is the purest form of trading. Scientist is right that you can have 'no losing day' with scalping.

Again, you have to find right instrument for scalping.

#49     Aug 14, 2003