Jurik Indicators

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ditch, May 10, 2002.

1. ron2368

ron2368

I started with Bresserts Cycletrader package on Supercharts in 1995 and I still use a couple of components. I looked at what he is selling now, the indicators seem the same and the other things are probably show-me's or paintbars triggered by the same stuff.

Its a decent package if you have other things you use in your trade and realize that they dont always go the way you think they should but then again what out there does???

I use the DS 8 or 9 length with a 48 bar momentum line similar to what was called the redline. I have every stochastic produced and the DS is the best.

I have lots of ela's , if you have TS or SC.. PM me. I have Juriks stuff too, the only one I like is the CFB.

#11     May 22, 2002
  2. MVP

MVP

nothing new there...

#12     May 22, 2002
  3. DT-waw - the point was simply that it's a common axiom in technical analysis that a lot of what works does so because enough people are looking at the same thing and help to create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The reason stocks typically meet with support or resistance at their 10, 20, 50, 100, and 200 day moving averages is because the majority of traders/investors are using them and they trade accordingly.

Most aren't not looking at a 72 day MA so the likelihood of it showing the same kind of support/resistance behavior is much less. Will a 72 day MA provide some useful information? Maybe. Will it be as generally reliable as a 50 day MA? Most often not.

Similarly, if you're using a non-standard (e.g., less lag) MA calculation - even if you're using it on a standard timeframe like 50 days - the value it computes can be sufficiently different from the standard method that it has less likelihood of being as effective a predictor (simply because the masses won't be reacting off of it).

On the other hand, perhaps using non-standard timeframes or calculations might offer something useful in a crossover configuration because crossovers are trying to identify directional change rather than trying to identify where to expect support or resistance.

#13     May 22, 2002
  4. DT-waw

DT-waw

Nonsense. Remember, there always must be other side of the trade. "Majority of traders are using them" - if they are trade with them, other "majority" must trade against them ( against 20, 50 etc. day moving average ).

And its impossible to calculate how many traders ( or how much money ) trade with 100 or 200 day MA !!!
    Do you know how many technical indicators traders use? Some trade with a combination of two indicators... How many parameters we can use? A lot of traders/investors/firms don't trade with any indicator, they trade with fundamental analysis, news, and many other things.

DT-waw

#14     May 24, 2002