Jurik Adaptive Moving Averages and Adaptive Moving averages in general

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Robertwiz, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Eight

Eight

I made up a zero lag price indicator. I call it On Balance Price. It's the close of the last bar + (close -open) of the current bar.

In Easy Language the formula is Close[1] + (Close[0] - Open[0])

#31     Feb 29, 2012
  2. I am thinking of purchasing either the Jurik indicators or the precision trading indicators, Jurik has been around for a long time with a great reputation, I only heard about PLA and precision trading from reading this thread

I checked out their website and I must admit that he has done an excellent comparison between PLA and Jurik JMA.

Before I discovered PLA I was sold on Jurik, now I am thinking which is better

I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has actually used either or both of these indicators, any comments or criticism would be appreciated

#32     Sep 25, 2012
  3. #33     Oct 6, 2012
  4. I was actually inquiring about any comparison between Jurik and PLA from current users

#34     Oct 7, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just out of polite respectful curiosity, what does that "indicate" exactly?

#35     Oct 7, 2012
  6. panzerman

panzerman

Folks, you can make ANY moving average have zero lag by just a few simple steps:

Step 1: calculate MA of price
    Step 2: calculate the MA of the first MA using the same parameters
    Step 3: 2*MA1-MA2 = zero lag MA

#36     Oct 7, 2012
  7. The intention is to predict, through many trials, an approximate win rate, relative win & loss size, and propensity to streak when taking signals based in indicator combinations or any other observable condition.

Predicting where the price will go is for gurus.

*edit- regarding the adaptive average, I never found much use for it, but it looks great on the chart.

#37     Oct 7, 2012
  8. Eight

Eight

It tells you the current price, duh...

#38     Oct 7, 2012
  9. I'm replying to this thread so that it can be discussed on the first page.

#39     Aug 14, 2013
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

What were you hoping to be discussed that wasn't already discussed in this thread?

#40     Sep 2, 2013