Junior Seau dead

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CaptainObvious, May 2, 2012.

1. yeah, crazy. just when u think a guy has all he needs for happiness. nuts.

dont forget that drive down a cliff a while back, could have been another suicide attempt

2. Would bet 100:1 odds depression from brain trauma due to repeated hits to the head, played a significant role in his suicide. The recent, and relatively new studies on former football players brains is startling.

3. First off, he was active in the NFL not that long ago. At most, 3-4 seasons ago, if I remember correctly.

Secondly, I remember him doing some sort of show about 2 years ago where he would assist in behind the scenes prep for sporting events. One of the episodes he helped assemble the flooring for a basketball game for the Celtics.

The guy seemed very even keel, one of the last guys that I'd figure would end up another suicide statistic. It seems that most of the guys you hear about as NFL suicide stats are pretty far removed from their playing days and have already experienced some financial hardship (ala Duerson).

Pretty shocking event.

4. Completely forgot about that. You make a good point, it could have been an attempt.

5. Max E.

Max E.

This is kind of a strange fact i just saw on nfl.com

Seau the latest chapter in sad legacy of 1994 Chargers

Junior Seau's passing at age 43 becomes the latest chapter in the sad legacy of the 1994 San Diego Chargers.

Seau, whose death Wednesday is being investigated as a possible suicide, becomes the eighth member of the '94 Chargers to die before the age of 45.

Other players to pass away before Seau include:

• David Griggs, LB: Died in a one-car accident on June 19, 1995. Age 28.

• Rodney Culver, RB: Died along with his wife in the crash of ValuJet Flight 592 on May 11, 1996. Age 26.

• Doug Miller, LB: Died as the result of a lightning strike on July 23, 1998. Age 28.

• Curtis Whitley, C: Died of a drug overdose on May 11, 2008. Age 39.

• Chris Mims, DE: Died of an enlarged heart on Oct. 15, 2008. Age 38.

• Shawn Lee, DT: Died from cardiac arrest on Feb. 26, 2011. Age 44.

• Lew Bush, LB: Died of a heart attack on Dec. 8, 2011. Age 42.

The 1994 Chargers remain the only team in franchise history to advance to the Super Bowl. Seau was a 25-year-old star for the team, which upset the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC Championship Game before being routed by the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XXIX.

6. Agreed!