June Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hitman, Jun 12, 2001.

1. tradeRX

tradeRX

hey hitman.....

how did wonder woman do today? :cool:

#21     Jun 18, 2001
  2. Hitman

Hitman

She is not the type who advertises herself, so I rarely know the exact figures. Based on her reaction, a pretty frustrating day but not nerve wrecking, probably slightly down . . .

#22     Jun 18, 2001
  3. Hitman

Hitman

Finally, a respectable game in June. While today was nothing compared to the days I have had just two short months ago, those days seems so distant and as traders we are as good as our next game. Just have to take it and appreciate it. I have had no winning day above $500 in June so this was a serious boost . . .

+746.00 before commissions, +$689 after, 3 of 4 shooting on 2200 shares. Hope I can get a few more games like this together . . . +$650 for the month, desprately need to put a run together to make this a little bit more than flipping burgers at McDonald's.

Very pleased about working in a classy firm. A guy next to me is down 20K during the five months he worked here, yesterday he went to our owner and asked for some money to pay bills and he got a $1100 check (not deducted against his capital account).

Another friend got into some serious issues lately with our risk management department. He is relatively a new trader (but had extensive Nasdaq trading experience before, used to trade 10K share positions) and he digged himself a $6000 hole in about a month trading 500 share positions. Yesterday he negotiated with the owner and for some strange reason the owner gave him $1 per ticket, 0.9 cent per share and a 95% payout after just one month in the firm without a profit! Which is 3% higher than mine and .1 cent per share lower! I have to negotiate with the owner soon, maybe just to complain the market has been tough and I will probably get something, lately he has been opening new branches everywhere and seems to be in a giving mood. After weeks of complaining I finally got my bullet ticket lowered to $15 per ticket, so a 1500 shares bullet costs $75 for me instead of $100, I guess I should just talk to him instead and get a serious cut . . . I think he lost some traders due to the summer condition and has a priority to keep what he has left . . .

This morning however, the risk management guy gave him some serious trouble. He has been inconsistent and the RM guy lowered his share limit back to 500, overriding what the owner did the day before. Not just that, the RM guy said "I am going to teach you a lesson" and locked one of his 1500 shares position so he couldn't sell it and lost $1000. Of course he was totally furious and ran upstairs, and the owner said "what the RM guy did was totally wrong" and flattened his account! That's like instantly erasing a $6000 deficit! (Although more than half of which is commission)

Pre-Market: ORCL is up, looks like a gap-up day, mixed upgrades/downgrades.

9:30: Wasn't confident to short the gap-up so went long instead. Saw CEX strength and DD was up just 12 cents, should have bought immediately, too cheap and he didn't fill my limit, missed a 50 cents move. Took PX instead and only got 10 cents profit. BTK was up 11 points and I took CRA, got spreaded for 50 cents fortunately it went up another 50 cents, wish I had Bloomberg today with the opening indications, would have bidded for it at open. Had I got a better fill I would have held for more and got the full move but since it already spiked up too much I got out with the profit. IUX strength, took MMC and got a nice point out of it, missed the other point in it however. Most stocks gapped up too much, too bad I couldn't afford to short . . .

10:00: UTY reversed and shorted PPL, unfortunately it was the strongest UTY stock of the day (should have flipped my position) and lost 25 cents. Didn't want to ruin a very strong opening so I stopped.

#23     Jun 19, 2001
  4. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

"lately he is opening new branches everywhere" may i ask where he is opening these branches??????

#24     Jun 19, 2001
  5. Hitman

Hitman

#25     Jun 19, 2001
  6. Dustin

Dustin

Hitman,

From the Worldco employment ad:
    <i>BA/BS. MBA or PhD. 3.5+ GPA from top school. Strong math skill or market knowledge. A serious, focused and disciplined mind.</i>

How serious are these guys about the "3.5+ GPA from Top School"? I'm always looking for a firm that will lower my cost of trading and I'm profitable and doing 1M+ share per month volume. But I'm no straight A student and SFSU isn't exactly top tier ;-) (Let's just say since I put myself through college, trading was my main focus)

Thanks,
    Dustin

#26     Jun 19, 2001
  7. Hitman

Hitman

I have no degree and 2.0 GPA . . .

#27     Jun 19, 2001
  8. dozu888

dozu888

How can someone with 'extensive experience' dig a 6k hole playing only 500 shares? just curious.

#28     Jun 19, 2001
  9. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

Hitman,

Thanks for info!!!!!

#29     Jun 20, 2001
  10. Hitman

Hitman

Trading stocks with 1 point spread like NVR will do that to you :)

He had a $1500 day trading 200 (or was it 300) share positions afterall. 4 positions 500 shares a piece you can lose a lot more than you think. He is not familiar with NYSE stocks and tape reading and I think he is getting a little bit ahead of himself . . .

When he got into trouble with risk was the day he lost 2.5 point in KKD in one print . . .

#30     Jun 20, 2001