June 18, 2008 = Black Wednesday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by naufal, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Agree.

#11     Jun 18, 2008
  2. Keep in mind though that the markets have a tendency of rebounding huge when least expected...

#12     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Were not going to get a true longterm buying opportunity until we have real fear and capitulation.

That will be when everyone thinks the fed cannot do anything else to save us.

#13     Jun 18, 2008
  4. Dollar falling again tonight against the Euro. I expect 1.56 some time overnight.

#14     Jun 18, 2008
  5. I'm a performance-based RIA, and you should hear some of the strange things people are doing with their money. Young people getting out of the markets (at a low, of course), and going into cash. They're not even keeping pace with inflation, and are young enough (35-50) that they need growth if they are to have any chance at having money later in life. They're saying "we don't care if we're losing money, we're not going into stocks. Have you seen the news?"

I'm about to go into buying mode.:cool: I'm seeing, and hearing fear at about an 8 out of 10.

#15     Jun 19, 2008
  6. Don't be fooled, you are hearing fear but not seeing it in market movements.

#16     Jun 19, 2008
  7. I was afraid you would say that. Where do you think the spx, Nas, and dow will find support?

I'm cringing, as I'm long in my Client Portfolios, and ahead, but only up on average 4.2% over the last several Months. More bleeding in equities would really suck!:eek:

#17     Jun 19, 2008
  8. Looks like a nice set up for shorts tonight, S&P just above resistance, poor earnings, oil high, inflation high. If the fear sets in theres much that will hold the market up.

If you remember there have been a cople of days that looked like they were going to be terrible but the fed bailed the market out both times. We need one of those days with no bailout so the market can find a floor and we can all get back to normal.

Cheers

#18     Jun 19, 2008
  9. confirmed thursday 2:06pm nytime

#19     Jun 19, 2008
  10. Oil is down because speculators think China raising prices will lower demand. In actuality it probably means nothing.

#20     Jun 19, 2008