June 17th Greek Elections Will you be Flat the Euro?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jun 14, 2012.

1. My strats are in mean reversion mode as well. I had to pay in all last week on negative carry.

I am selling the Kiwi, the aussie, the sterling, and the Euro and buying dollars across the board.

Anyways, it is good to talk to another experienced currency trader. Lift off is in just a few hours, good luck and good trading.:) :cool:

#41     Jun 17, 2012
  2. I have been victimized by the BOJ and the USB before. :mad:

#42     Jun 17, 2012
  3. EXPERIENCED? I have only been trading forex for less than a year! My first trade was getting long CHF in AUG 2011. Thank god, because that gave me enough profits to lose to figure out how the deal works.

And if I ever think I have it figured out how the deal works

Just shoot me

#43     Jun 17, 2012
  4. otherwise, I'm short AUD and GBP as well. I really got killed in the GBP friday in spite of getting a really good fill.

I want to get long GBP and short yen (if the opportunity presents itself) (or I might just take the hit)

#44     Jun 17, 2012
  5. I agree. The smart trade was Long the Euro into Thursday and Friday through rollover. Euro futures were overly Short open interest through late Wednesday. Buying into Thursday was the play, primary PT's covered out and final positions covered into Friday close. Sunday evening market reopen will be good for some sit back and looking for set ups, but I am glad I was flat into the weekend.

#45     Jun 17, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well so far at least that's not working too well.

#46     Jun 17, 2012
  7. Why yes I am. However for the bias part, I have no bias.

But if you daytrade why are you "building a position"? That makes absolutely no sense.

#47     Jun 17, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Welcome to RCG's bizarro world.

#48     Jun 17, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dollar selling off and Euro popping here on early news out of Europe.

#49     Jun 17, 2012
  10. Well that wasn't such a bad gap...well not much worse than last weekend...
    ES

#50     Jun 17, 2012