June 17th Greek Elections Will you be Flat the Euro?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jun 14, 2012.

1. zdreg

zdreg

#11     Jun 14, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ron, what do you have lined up?

#12     Jun 14, 2012
  3. I am net long the dollar, stated that in the ACD thread nearly two months ago.

#13     Jun 14, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Against what?

You hold on to positions for 2 months at a time? For some reason I thought you were a daytrader. My bad.

#14     Jun 14, 2012
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Flat. I daytrade. Sunday-Monday will be nuts.

As long as Greece stays = monetization = short euro.

Greek exit = long euro.

Tsipras appears to be the frontrunner. If he tears up the IMF/EFSF bailout conditions > revocation from capital markets > ...then likely forced exit.

#15     Jun 14, 2012
  6. I almostr always hold over the weekend. That'sthe way I look at on any Sunday night. It's just a gambe. Usually chaeper than Las Vegas.

If I make a lot of Money Fri I will get flat. Otherwise, I will stick with the program.

I made a small fortune last Sunday being long.

This weekend if I don't close out I will be short.

#16     Jun 14, 2012
  7. I have been taking and exiting positions in the direction of the dollar since I made those posts. You know, the one where you said a long dollar trade would be "choppy":D

Insomuch as being a daytrader, there really is no such animal in fx, the markets are only truly quiet between 4-6pm, last I did a study on it. I know you trade stocks, so trying to lock fx into a session would make sense to you.

So how about you? What is your trading plan for this weekend?

#17     Jun 14, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, I remember on the ACD thread where you said you traded all night from midnight to 6am or something. But anyway, so you are short EUR/USD. Which is making a monthly A up btw.

I have very little on. Just some option positions on the bonds and the ES

#18     Jun 14, 2012
  9. The dollar pairs are so closely correlated to ES that I don't even look to see what the YM and ES did anymore. So, are you net long or net short?

#19     Jun 14, 2012
  10. What do you mean by "building" a position? Is the FX market not liquid enough?

It sounds like averaging down actually.

#20     Jun 16, 2012