June 11 2003

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by theplumber, Jun 11, 2003.

1. #11     Jun 11, 2003
  2. Interesting that 990/1552 is almost exactly .618 and 1008-972 is 36. 36/2 is 18 plus 972 is 990 , or 50% of the decline.

#12     Jun 11, 2003
  3. vonk

vonk

Where can you purchase a gann square like the one shown?

#13     Jun 11, 2003
  4. Yes, we have made a great deal of money. He has taken half a million dollars out of the market in the past few years. I once saw him take $130, and in less than one month run it up to cover $12,000. He can compound money faster than any man I ever met."

"One of the most astonishing calculations made by Mr. Gann was during last summer (1909) when he predicted that September wheat would sell at $1.20. This meant that it must touch that figure before the end of the month of September. At twelve o'clock, Chicago time, on September 30th (the last day) the option was selling below $1.08, and it looked as though his prediction would not be fulfilled. Mr. Gann said 'If it does not touch $1.20 by the close of the market it will prove that there is something wrong with my whole method of calculation. I do not care what the price is now, it must go there.' It is common history that September wheat surprised the whole country by selling at $1.20 and no higher in the very last hour of trading, closing at that figure

#14     Jun 11, 2003
  5. corvus

corvus

6. http://www.globalviewtech.com/home.php?m=0
    Sometimes I hate being right.What's the saying "close your eyes and buy", something I can't do.

#16     Jun 11, 2003
  7. theplumber,

I've never really understood gann, but I have to say that was a nice call.

#17     Jun 11, 2003
  8. I heard Gann died broke. Is this true, rumor?

#18     Jun 11, 2003
  9. Your not the only one,but his work is one absolute angle that hasn't been talked about here.In fact I doubt anyone who trades Gann will admit they trade his underlying techniques. So alot has to do with interpretation and other market dynamics that exist today vs. when he traded (i.e. computers to read the tape for entry and exits as well as realtime analysis).As for "the call" it was a mere observation, one I didn't take fully advantage of , and only ended the day +$250. Unfortunatly my brain had a hard time accepting this ramp. If it goes beyond here in price it will overbalance time, setting up a good correction, but from what price is the question.

#19     Jun 11, 2003
  10. Is there a site that can explain some of this for me?

#20     Jun 11, 2003