Jumped back into options... Looking for some exit advice

Discussion in 'Options' started by Comptalk, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Ok, I purchase 2007 calls of Google, Apple, Sears, Intel, AMD, UPS, Home Depot, and Fedex. All but one are up well over 200%. However, I think they are going to go higher. After all, they do not expire for at least 2 - 4 months. Is it worthwhile to hold them closer to the expiration or sell them sooner?

2. sell them

3. Sell them and take 10% and put them back into ATM calls with a shorter time frame. If market runs, yo make more money. If market tanks, you already banked most of your profits.

4. One of the options was for Sears. I bought it around $5.00 it is now around 10.00. By the time it expires it could be near 20.00 or 40.00. You do not think it is a little pre-mature to sell them? Only had them for a week and a half or so.

5. Convert it to a bull call spread for a net credit and pocket the money now and leave the house money positions to run if the makret goes higher. If not, you banked some profits and can move on :).

6. By the time it expires it could also be near 2.00 or 1.00.

7. I'm no trader but if you are up over 200%, you'd have to be a dumb mofo if you keep holding on.

S E L L

T A K E P R O F I T S

S E L L

8. Agreed. Don't turn profit into a loss. This could happen in just 1 day with options.

9. MTE

MTE

Ahh, the good old greed has got to you!

10. Yea, I know.. I am not normally a person who is very greedy. I am usually out of a stock after a 10% profit. However, I've seen options in the past where someone sold way to early and near expiration they were so much higher. I also only bought a few option calls on each. Tomorrow, hopefully the market will be kind and I will execute a sell order. Take my profits and run..

#10     Oct 25, 2006