July Trading Journals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hitman, Jul 2, 2001.

1. tymjr

tymjr

tradeRX,

Really uncool. You're being a real jackass. I'll be impressed when you show some wisdom and humility.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Hitman. Like I've said, I really applaud your honesty and dedication. I have little doubt you'll bounce back.

#21     Jul 18, 2001
  2. Dustin

Dustin

tradeRX,

Add up your total profit for the year. Divide it by 133. If that number comes out anywhere close to $500 you have my respect. Otherwise I will beg Baron for an "ignore" function on these boards.

#22     Jul 19, 2001
  3. def

def Sponsor

hitman,
    I think you're only looking only at the side of the fence you are sitting on. Why should someone earning a couple of hundred grand give up the luxuary of trading options, futures and cash for reasonable fees (i think 1/2 penny above 500 shares is better than what most professional firms offer), to sit in a crowded room full of traders (and deal with the myriad of egos and personalities.

As far as I see it, a professional firm may offer better margin and bullets which suits your current style of trading. You are surrounded by other traders and perhaps your trades will be biased by those around you. Perhaps there are many traders who do not want input from others. This may suit your personality. It certainly does not suit all. There are many people with more than 25K in their accounts doing extremely well who according to you are very stupid.

#23     Jul 19, 2001
  4. mgregor

mgregor

TradeRX,

You said, "When do I get out you ask? At the END OF THE TREND or at BREAKEVEN. Whichever comes first. I've been nailing DAILY (big) several point scores in stuff like QLGC, NVDA, SEBL, etc."
    And exactly how do you determine when the "End of The Trend" has arrived? I'm sure we'd all like to ride out a trend for its entirety.

There haven't really been too many intra-day trends on any stocks lately.

The stocks that you mention are notorious for being manipulated by the mm's. They always make a nice setup, whether it's a breaout or what, then wiggle it around to shake you out of your position.

You might catch a nice 6 point move once in a while, then you'll lose it all in a series of small, but excruciatingly painful losses.

In conclusion, I really doubt that you've "been nailing DAILY (big) several point scores in stuff like QLGC, NVDA, SEBL, etc."

If you could prove your statements, I'll be the first to take my hat off to you. If not, then quit talking trash!

[/B][/QUOTE]

#24     Jul 19, 2001
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

tradeRX,

> Ride those mothers up in a bull, and ride 'em down in a bear.

I'm also curious how you are able to cleanly predict the beginning and end of trends. When you say "in a bull" are you referring to the index the stock is in? the sector the stock is in? or the stock itself? How about if the Dow is up 100 pts and the Nas is flat. Is that a bull or a bear or neutral. Will the Nas continue to be in a bear until we make it back to 5000? Or do you mean an intraday bull or bear? And if we gap up and then immediately start selling off is that bullish or bearish?

As sentiment can shift on a dime (and does on a daily basis judging by the indices) I'm serious and would like you to discuss in detail how you determine trends. Thanks.

#25     Jul 19, 2001
  6. tradeRX

tradeRX

CORRECTION

Shoulda' got FIVE points NVDA...3 LONG, 2 SHORT.

#26     Jul 19, 2001
  7. newpac

newpac

TradeRX,

What time did you get in SEBL yesterday and at what price ?
    What time did you get out and at what price ?
    What is your stop loss ?

#27     Jul 19, 2001
  8. dozu888

dozu888

Please stop throwing BS around.

#28     Jul 19, 2001
  9. tradeRX

tradeRX

If I recall correctly, I got in SEBL @40 or so and out around 36. Not quite 4 points, almost. SEBL was weak, and @ about 10am the NAS started selling off. I really don't understand the skepticism, you could have made money shorting ANYTHING then! I grabbed SEBL and hung. What's the big deal? What'w with the third degree?? SEBL was selling off all day. Didn't you see what was happening????

I LOVE THESE NAS FAST MOVERS!!!!! C-A-C-H-I-N-G-O!! :cool:

Oh, and dozu...

What's your problem???????? :-(

#29     Jul 19, 2001
  10. Dustin

Dustin

tradeRX you got the 3rd degree because of this statement. We all find it hard to believe that you can take 1-4 points out of anything on a daily basis...especially in this market. If you really can, then that's great...

#30     Jul 19, 2001