July 2009 Jobs Report

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Roman Candle, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner.

The U.S. Economy faces an absolute calamity, and the market will not be able to ignore it.

This was partially fed by the real estate crash, but is so much larger than that.

#21     Aug 6, 2009
  2. democratic congress

#22     Aug 6, 2009
  3. Get ready for a great jobs report, Obama is down in the polls. the talk over the weekend will be. THE ECONOMY HAS TURNED THE CORNER. All our efforts are working

#23     Aug 7, 2009
  4. I thought they said UPWARD revision of 500k to 1 million. That would mean fewer jobs lost. We're dealing with negative numbers here.

#24     Aug 7, 2009
  5. Head fake, don't listen to the news, all they want to do is trip you up.

#25     Aug 7, 2009
  6. Yep. I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

#26     Aug 7, 2009
  7. I'm shocked :eek:

#27     Aug 7, 2009

8. http://www.cnbc.com/id/32325178

Obama pounding his chest. This will help push his poll numbers up.

#28     Aug 7, 2009
  9. Great jobs report. No matter how the bears and the conspiracy theorists spin the whole government is lieing angle, the trend is towards improvement. It doesn't matter what numbers you use to calculate the unemployment rate, it's improving regardless.

#29     Aug 7, 2009
  10. Arnie

Arnie

That's true, but consider this. The only areas to gain were teachers, health care and government. I don't know how any of those will be a catalyst for growth. Maybe it's typical for these areas to gain before manufacturing, services etc... at the end of a recession. I don't know. What I do know is teaching, health care and government are not where the next bull market will come from.

#30     Aug 7, 2009