Judge revokes Zimmerman's bond

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jun 1, 2012.

1. The yet to be created jury already knows this; no need to include at trial.

#31     Jun 3, 2012
  2. Exactly right, and especially true when said acts of bad character are AFTER the fact. Naturally, this won't stop the media and Race Baiting Inc. from trying to make it an issue, but in a courtroom...never gonna' happen. Then again, this is Florida, home of the hanging chad, so hair splitting, political/legal corruption, and gross incompetence is to be expected.

#32     Jun 3, 2012
  3. Regardless of the outcome of the criminal trial, Zimmerman will lose the civil case and the Martin family will receive what's left of the proceeds of the donations to Zimmerman.
    Except for the money Zimmerman's wife skims out.

#33     Jun 3, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd have to look up FL law again to be sure. But here in GA the "stand your ground/castle" laws provide immunity to criminal AND civil prosecution.

That's unassuming you acted within the law to begin with of course.

#34     Jun 3, 2012
  5. The court hasnt said he's under the stand your ground law. He could be found not guilty independent of the stand your ground law and then be sued in civil court.
    In Florida the correct name for the law should be stalk, pursue and then stand your ground law.

#35     Jun 3, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I make NO claims of legal expertise, but I don't see how that's going to work.

#36     Jun 3, 2012
  7. hughb

hughb

His lawyer will undoubtedly file a motion to dismiss based on the SYG law, and then it will be up to the judge to decide if he will dismiss. However, the only evidence we have that Zim is under SYG is the word of Zim, and the judge is very pissed at Zim for not disclosing the money raised from a website. In other words, the judge may think Zim is a liar, or at least has dubious credibility. I don't think the judge will rule that Zim is protected by SYG. He also has to consider something else, even though he will never publicly admit it, if he dismissed the case under SYG, (which also means the charges can not be brought again), he may be initiating the destruction of Sanford FL homes and businesses. Like it or not, it's certainly in the back of his mind.

#37     Jun 4, 2012
  8. #38     Jun 9, 2012
  9. That is sad people lie and have make (FAKE) pictures to create Trayvon like gangster. He is dead. And his mom and dad grieve.

"Trayvon Martin’s family released new photos today, taken nine days before the 17-year-old was shot and killed by self-appointed neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, 28."

{ taken nine days before the 17-year-old was shot and killed}

http://westorlandonews.com/2012/03/28/new-photos-trayvon-martin-in-last-days/

#39     Jun 9, 2012
  10. Too funny one would think lil trey was the last black teen to die by violent means.

#40     Jun 9, 2012