Judge refuses to block Florida voter purge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Jun 28, 2012.

1. JamesL

JamesL

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A federal judge has refused to stop Florida from removing potentially non-U.S. citizens from its voter rolls.

The U.S. Department of Justice sued the state to halt the purge, arguing it was going on too close to a federal election.

U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle said Wednesday that there was nothing in federal voting laws that prevent the state from identifying non-U.S. citizens even if it comes less than 90 days before the Aug. 14 election.

Hinkle ruled that federal laws are designed to block states from removing eligible voters close to an election. He said they are not designed to stop states from blocking voters who should have never been allowed to cast ballots in the first place.

Gov. Rick Scott praised Hinkle's decision, saying "irreparable harm will result if non-citizens are allowed to vote."

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-refuses-block-florida-voter-purge-180106566.html

2. Eligibility to vote is irrelevant to the radical left. The mere fact that some wants to vote is enough in their opinion. Ask someone if they're eligible and you're guilty of voter surpression, racial profiling, and attempting to fix an election.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Bravo.

So does anyone estimate the number of ineligible *cough*Democrat*cough voters removed off the list?

4. Ricter

Ricter

Maybe, maybe not. But irreparable harm may also result if citizens are allowed to vote.
    ; )

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's certainly obvious given the current administration. But at least we can say the citizens chose that path.

6. Ricter

Ricter

Small comfort, apparently, for your team these past years.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You seem to have forgotten who I voted for. I have no "team", unless you mean team ABO in the next election.

I seek to rectify my mistake.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

And Bravo to you sir, for possessing the intelligence to recognize your error, the honesty to publicly admit it and the integrity to rectify it.

You're a rare breed in these parts.

9. pspr

pspr

Millions - maybe billions! :D

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thank you, Lucrum.

#10     Jun 28, 2012