judge not moving 10 commandments statue from u.s.a. gov. property

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Weeble, Aug 14, 2003.

1. will you quit this jesus crap?! do yourself a favor...read some science books and try to UNbrainwash yourself.......

ROCK

#41     Aug 15, 2003
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

You mean humans were in desperate need of help? 10k years B.C. people were living without Jesus. Perhaps God should send him to Iraq, North Korea and Africa... Japanese people are living without Christian beliefs and look - they're pretty happy :) (OK, maybe they work too much )

#42     Aug 15, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

becuase it was part of your founding father's beliefs and they died giving you a Country ( Government )with freedom ... the least you can do is accept that it is part of our Government...I can understand where waisting money for something as dumb as a $10,000 nut/screw for the Space Shuttle would be aggravating to some. But I believe ( I think I may be wrong ) the majority Americans have faith??? no, what do you think??? Doesnt the Majority rule??

#43     Aug 15, 2003
  4. TM_Direct,

If you want to make a serious research, look for testimonies about the destruction of evidence during the crusades to Jerusalem. It seems that the crusaders and the church in earlier times destroyed evidence proving that many of the Jesus tales were not correct.

TM Trader

#44     Aug 15, 2003
  5. This is really the point of the 10 Commandments case. I don't have a problem with you and everyone else debating this issue and having it decided by the political process. Just like I don't see what's so terrible about letting people decide if they want to have legal abortions or let homosexuals marry or a hundred other hot button issues.

What I do have a problem with is some federal judge arrogating to himself the power to decide these issues and inventing some constitutional right to support it. And then everyone is supposed to bow down and genuflect because "It's the law."

#45     Aug 15, 2003
  6. The fact that the founding fathers where Christian does not mean that country should have religion in its government and does not mean it needs to stay that way. The founders of Norway, Finland, Germany, etc. were pagans did the countries stay the same just because of this. Maybe all the citizens of England should go and pray to the lady of the lake...

TM Trader

#46     Aug 15, 2003
  7. Let me tell you something. Christianity does not aline with the 10 commandments. If you go by the 10 commandments, all Christians are sinners!!!

#47     Aug 15, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

I have no right to say if it does or doesnt belong im just a lil guy trying to get by; im just trying to state why it is incorporated in The Government....but you have very valid reasons that money ( tax dollars) should not be funnled in those directions....Maybe we should buy more $10,000 bolts for our shuttles.....peace

#48     Aug 15, 2003
  9. NASA should basically have an unlimited budget.

i'm half serious....

what's more important than learning about the REAL reasons the universe works???? what's more important than understanding our FREAKING EXISTENCE!!!!!!!?

all the money donated to churches would be put to better use if was sent to NASA instead. HOW SAD IS THAT?!?!?! OH I WANT TO CRY!!!!!! all that money wasted in churches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! send it all to NASA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK

#49     Aug 15, 2003

10. It wasn;t made for Christians...It was made for the JEWS...maybe you should do a little research????

#50     Aug 15, 2003