judge not moving 10 commandments statue from u.s.a. gov. property

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Weeble, Aug 14, 2003.

1. as of yet, i have not seen this happen, so i think your story is pie in the sky. HOWEVER, if it did happen and the man could back up his story with some overwhelming evidence, then JUST MAYBE I WOULD BELIEVE HIM! how does that grab ya! however, this man BETTER HAVE SOME INCREDIBLE PROOF!!! i'm talkin, he better be able to do ANYTHING I ASK HIM TO DO! if he created the universe, he better have the ability to become invisible or something if i ask him to.

SO IF HE COULD DO ALL THAT, MAYBE I'D BELIEVE HIM. BUT YOU KNOW THIS ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON. THEREFORE, YOUR BELIEFS ARE A BUNCH OF UNPROVEN FAIRY TALES. AND YEAH, I KNOW IT'S CALLED FAITH. THAT IS ALL YOU RELIGIOUS PEOPLE HAVE TO BACK YOU UP...YOU GIMME DEFINITIONS OF THE WORD FAITH TO BACK YOU UP! HAHA THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE. THE ONLY DEFENSE YOU HAVE IS...... YEAH, I KNOW I CAN'T PROVE IT! BUT I BELIEVE IT ANYWAY! THAT'S WHAT FAITH IS!!! WHAT A SAD SAD SAD SITUATION!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK

#31     Aug 15, 2003
  2. Excellent points. Any NYT reporter or columnist who used the sneering tone they reserve for Christians to describe, say, homosexuals would be fired by sundown. But then the average big city newsroom has all the political diversity of a university faculty lounge.

Thus, Kristof casually tosses off a despicable comparison equating Christians to Islamist murderers. He just assumes that science has totally nailed down creation and evolution, and anyone who has any doubts is a bumpkin. Kind of like global warming theory i guess. Why confuse people when you already know what's best for them?

#32     Aug 15, 2003

3. Fair enough....so that fact that countless people testified to these miracles of Jesus over 2000 years ago, doesn't count because you want these miracles here and now....and then and only then would you believe.....would it change the way you live your life?

#33     Aug 15, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Why is it a sad situation??? you have your belief's and religious people have theirs....In the end we will find out which group was right or wrong. For now why ,and I ask this all the time and only one poster has ever answered ( STU ), does it bother non-religious folks so much that some have faith...it is always u guys insulting the religious people...please answer why it is so sad, why it bothers you so much ,and why just not go about your own beliefs....no one is asking you to believe anything...peace...

#34     Aug 15, 2003
  5. Rock Solid,

I know you're a smart guy. Can you honestly look around at all the wonders of nature and accept that it occurred totally by chance? Doesn't that require even greater faith than the belief in a Creator?

#35     Aug 15, 2003
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

No, I wouldn't believe he is God or God's son. The concept of God as a creator of the Universe and the whole concept of creation from 'nothing' to 'something' is illogical. It is very strange theory. Besides, why would God need to send his son down to Earth? To prove what? - That is even more weird.

#36     Aug 15, 2003
  7. The fact that people has faith, any kind of faith, should not bother anyone. The thing that does bother many people is that religion is in our governmental institutions, where it does not belong!!!

TM Trader

#37     Aug 15, 2003
  8. see, here's the major difference. i believe things happen the way they can. you believe everything is just "poof" created. i probably appreciate life MORE than a religious person, since i realize the slim chances that things are the way they are. a frog evolved to look the way it does because it's the only way it could have. the odds of it appearing the way it does are very slim because of all the chaos of earth's history and nature itself.

i do not believe a frog looks the way it does because a super human created it to look that way. i will tell you right now, there is no way a super human humanoid created frogs. everything evolves into what it is and the odds that things are the way they are are very slim. because i know, for example, my very existence as a human on planet earth is slim, i see it as incredible. the fact that we're all here is incredible. TO ACT AS IF WE HUMANS KNOW HOW/WHY WE'RE REALLY HERE IS SAD AND AN INSULT TO OUR SPECIES. WE HAVE NO CLUE. DON'T ACT LIKE WE HAVE EVERYTHING ALL FIGURED OUT. WHEN HUMANS CLAIM THEY KNOW WHAT EVERYTHING IS ALL ABOUT BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS MADE THEM GO TO CHURCH AS A KID, IT JUST MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK

#38     Aug 15, 2003
  9. yeah, exactly... if people want to be religious, that's their choice (BTW, LET'S LET PEOPLE CHOOSE AS ADULTS--DON'T BRAINWASH KIDS FROM BIRTH SUGGESTING A PARTICULAR SET OF BELIEFS...COMPOUNDED BY PRESSURE FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY). however, i see no problem with me arguing that it should be out of government. i also see no problem debating with religious people how bogus their fairy tale beliefs are.

ROCK

#39     Aug 15, 2003
  10. Does not ned to prove anythign...he sent jesus to show us how to live our lives...charity, love, caring, ect....Is ther anythign you have ever read about Jesus that you disagree wiht ? Im talking about the way he lived his life

#40     Aug 15, 2003