judge not moving 10 commandments statue from u.s.a. gov. property

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Weeble, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Even though I have many leftist political leanings, Kristof is a perfect example of why I regard many liberals as the scum of the earth.

Oh no, he's not "denigrating anyone's beliefs". Not by half. Weasel.

Again and again and again liberal snobs simply cannot help but judge the world against their enlightened ideals of what the "perfect world" ought to be like, and when, as it always does, the real world inevitably falls (far) short of this esoteric "perfection", well, time for the maggot sucking Nick Kristofs of the world to go to work.

"Mountains out of molehills"; the liberal journalist's MO.

Sheesh. What a world. So many liberals, so few bullets...

#21     Aug 15, 2003

2. That's not what Maverick said. His post was actually quite an apt description of the desires -- as evidenced by their writing -- of most of the popular liberal pundits.

#22     Aug 15, 2003
  3. Weeble

Weeble

hey, pinhead, i'm not a liberal. i'm actually very conservative on many issues. when it comes to religion, i just don't think it should have anything to do with government. as for our founding fathers, they were probably brainwashed into religion just like many people are today.

and, no, it is my fucking country, too. i'm here because my ancestors came here? no shit. how do you think the founding fathers got here? the same damn way. get your facts straight. unless thomas jefferson is an indian, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

and no, i don't have to move out of the usa just because i see problems in america and want them fixed. america becomes better by fixing its problems. i'm not moving anywhere.

#23     Aug 15, 2003
  4. Weeble

Weeble

yeah, Maverick74's reply to me sucked. he doesn't know how to argue good.

#24     Aug 15, 2003
  5. The Virgin Mary is an interesting prism through which to examine America's emphasis on faith because most Biblical scholars regard the evidence for the Virgin Birth, and for Mary's assumption into Heaven (which was proclaimed as Catholic dogma only in 1950), as so shaky that it pretty much has to be a leap of faith. As the Catholic theologian Hans Küng puts it in "On Being a Christian," the Virgin Birth is a "collection of largely uncertain, mutually contradictory, strongly legendary" narratives, an echo of virgin birth myths that were widespread in many parts of the ancient world.

Amazing....SO, they agree that there was a MARY who was the mother of JESUS...but they question whether she conceived through god or not???? Ok.....I think i see the irony here....So they believe in Mary and jesus???? They are only questioning conception??? I see...that makes sense.....

#25     Aug 15, 2003
  6. who cares about mary and who cares about jesus.

you don't even know if these human beings existed or not.

IF they did exist, they were just human beings like you and i...AND THAT'S THE TRUTH.

ROCK

#26     Aug 15, 2003

7. that is my point....these people are debating whether she had virgin conception or not, but by having the debate, you are admittign her existence and hence the existence of jesus.....and they were not humans like you and I ....I don' think the ROCK is going to turn his cheek if he is slapped

#27     Aug 15, 2003
  8. oh that's right! how foolish of me! they weren't human! they were SUPER HUMAN BEINGS! CAPABLE OF CREATING THE UNIVERSE!!!! BWAHAHAHA

who's more likely to be right here, me or you? not only do you believe this fairy tale crap, but YOU CAN'T PROVE ANY OF IT EITHER!!!! SO SAD!!!!

ROCK

#28     Aug 15, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

FAITH:

2 a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust

#29     Aug 15, 2003
  10. This is not about right or wrong......I don;t really care if you believe or not, i know Im supposed to, but it really doesn't matter to me...But if in my beliefs I live a better life I believe it makes me a better person...I cannot prove many things....that doesn't make them right or wrong or non existent. Let me ask you a question though: If a man came to earth tomorrow and started healing the sick and performing miracles and proclaimed himself the son of god , would you then believe because you saw the signs and the miracles???

#30     Aug 15, 2003